lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2022, 03:16 PM   #1
desertratiw
Not Yet Wild

Default Interstate vs Centennial Batteries

Bought a new cart with same setup as old cart but diffent batteries. New Red cart came with 6x8V Centennials dated Oct 2021. My old White cart has Costco Interstates dated 12/2021.

I am wondering if it would be worthwhile to move the Interstates to the new cart as I plan on keeping that cart and selling the white one. I have Costco receipt for Interstates but none for The Centinnials. Might make a difference in case of 1 Yr warranty coverage needed.

Otherwise the settled State of Charge very similar with Interstates at slight higher readings in total and individual. However there is less variance from high to low for 1 Centennial battery - see chart.

I have changed bttys myself before, but at 75 yrs I hesitate to do so again given the weight unless there is significant advantage to doing so.

All thoughts appreciated.

White Costco Interstate vs Red Centennial Bttys
White - Red
All 51.4 - 51.0
51.56 - 51.11
1 8.62 - 8.53
2 8.57 - 8.54
3 8.53 - 8.53
4 8.61 - 8.51
5 8.60 - 8.48
6 8.63 - 8.52
desertratiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2022, 10:28 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Interstate vs Centennial Batteries

As you say, the Interstates have a slight advantage for several reasons. But it is a crap-shoot as to which decision is best.

I'm with you on the age issue and do not do anything that is not a guaranteed payback anymore.

If it were my decision, I would just stay with the red cart and existing batteries. Keep in touch with whoever buys the white cart and see who won!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 11:00 PM   #3
desertratiw
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: Interstate vs Centennial Batteries

Tom47 - Thanks for the input. Unless I learn there is some big payback by switching I am going to save my back!

I like your follow up idea!
desertratiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 04:02 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Interstate vs Centennial Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertratiw View Post
Tom47 - Thanks for the input. Unless I learn there is some big payback by switching I am going to save my back!

I like your follow up idea!
You're very welcome.

You might even put a friendly wager on it!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, centennial, costco, interstate
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car