lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
thun2002
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default CC Precedent high speed magnet

I have a 2009 Precedent with level 4 speed code in it. So I'm getting about 20 MPH. I'm curious about installing the "high speed magnet". Has anyone installed it on a cart with the level 4 speed code? If so, what results are you getting? MPH? Torque? Will this affect motor longevity? Also, where would be the best trusted source to buy this magnet and be assured a quality product?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank!
thun2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: CC Precedent high speed magnet

. . not sure if there would be any benefit of a "high speed magnet" if cart is code 4 already . . . typically people use magnet change in lieu of code 4 in controller . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ya when I called the Club Car dealership near me to ask about pricing, they said they could either program to speed code 4 or for a little cheaper they could do the magnet...so I am assuming it is a one or the other type of thing...how badly does speed code 4/magnet affect the run time of your cart? I have an 04 Precedent and I want to get the magnet installed, but I don't want to do it if there is a big difference in the run time of the cart...
Thanks
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
clarkgrizwauld
Not Yet Wild

I have an 08 Precedent that I could only get 16 mph out of until i got lucky. My buddy bought some of the high speed magnets of off eBay but it would not work in my cart as they only work with ADC motors. Basically we took off the passenger side tire, took off the cap to the motor, and used a pair of pliers to pull out the magnet. When we realized I did not have an ADC motor and the new magnet wouldn't fit, we put the old magnet back in. I am not sure why but by doing this the Regen breaking was disabled and now I'm getting speeds of 20 plus. I used the gps the other night and was going 24 mph down a slight hill. On a side note, my buddies cart did have an ADC motor and the magnet worked flawlessly. He is getting the same speeds as me. It takes 5 minutes to put in and can be bought on eBay for around $50. Or you might get lucky like I did and it won't cost you anything.
clarkgrizwauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
thun2002
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

According to the details in this post on eBay, with the #4 speed code and speed magnet, it gets speeds of 26-28 mph.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Speed-M...item3cba75e9e0

Curious if this has been confirmed?
thun2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
clarkgrizwauld
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thun2002 View Post
According to the details in this post on eBay, with the #4 speed code and speed magnet, it gets speeds of 26-28 mph.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Speed-M...item3cba75e9e0

Curious if this has been confirmed?
My guess is those speeds are downhill. I can get 24 mph on a slight decline and have had as high as 27mph on a big hill. On flat land I get 20-21 mph.
clarkgrizwauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #7
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here's a link where this came up before. Looks like it really does work and the link explains how it works.

The question I have is if I have bigger tires and I am already getting 20 mph out of speed code 3 will I gain anything? Does anybody know?

Thanks!
rinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #8
hanny
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinman View Post
Here's a link where this came up before. Looks like it really does work and the link explains how it works.

The question I have is if I have bigger tires and I am already getting 20 mph out of speed code 3 will I gain anything? Does anybody know?

Thanks!
i know the tires being bigger will up the MPH but the question is how much? i went from 18 tall tires to 21 and and saw little to any speed gains (checked it with gps before and after batteries fully charged)
I think the 4 setting allows you to go 19ish on a stock tire size (at least that was what mine did) so i would think you will gain MPH with 4 setting or magnet. sounds like the magnet is the way to go BTW.paul
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:46 PM   #9
Obramon
Not Yet Wild

Bought used 2006 Club car Precedent.Stock tires and motor. Can get only 14-15 mph on flat surface. Paid CC dealer to upgrade to speed code 4. Speed went up for a short while then went back to 15 mph. Don’t know why?.Any ideas?
Obramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:46 PM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You're confusing the thread - 2 different issues. Please start your own thread so we can work on your SP4 issue.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magnet, speed, speed code
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car