lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2008, 12:03 PM   #1
KARIN
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 88 Gas Club Car Wants To Stall After Driven Awhile

I Have A 1988 Gas Club Car. After It Was Been Running Awhile You Have To Play With The Choke And The Gas Pedal To Keep It Running.
It Has Always Had A Bit Of A Starting Problem. I Put In A New Battery This Year. It Is The Slowest Cart I Have Ever Seen. If Anyone Can Help With These Problems, I Would Greatly Appreciate It.
I Have A Manual For The Cart But It Really Doesn't Cover This.
Thank You.
KARIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2008, 04:43 AM   #2
oliver28472
Getting Wild

Default Re: 88 Gas Club Car Wants To Stall After Driven Awhile

Check for trash in the fuel system. A buddy has a 91 Carryall that had to be choked to keep it running. The fuel filter was clogged but the main problem was a piece of trash got by the filter and was in the main jet. Take the bowl off the bottom of the carb. After the bowl is off you will see that the bowl was held on by the nut screwed to the main jet. Then you remove the main jet and use a small wire to poke out the trash.
oliver28472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
KARIN
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank You Very Much. I Will Try That This Weekend. My Son-in-law Is Having The Same Problem. Maybe We Will Work On Both Of Them This Weekend. I'll Let You Know How It Goes.
Thanks Again.:-p:-p
Old 09-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
KARIN
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank You. We Tried Your Suggestion And Found That I Have A Very Clean Carb. Not Even A Fleck Of Anything. I Think I Might Try A New Coil Next - Can't Hurt - The Cart Is Pretty Old. The Gas Filter Was Replaced A Bit Ago, Maybe We Will Replace That Too. Thanks Again.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if the cart is still running even when you have the hard starting problem and have to choke it to keep it running don,t waste your money on a coil.........when you have to choke it that means its starving for fuel and by choking it your giving it some extra fuel.........when you took the carb off did you go over it? just because it looked good dosn,t mean anything there are several places where it could be plugged that you can,t see so you really need to take it apart and clean every jet every port ....get a compressor and blow thur every opening you can find on it you,ll be surprised..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 06:41 AM   #6
KARIN
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, I'll Try It Again. This Time I'll Get My Compressor Out And Blow The Living Daylights Out Of It. I Can't Do It For A Couple Of Weeks But I Will Let You Know How It Goes. Thanks For All The Help - I Am Sort Of Engine Smart But On Old Cars. I'm A 64 Year Old (very Old) Gear Head (sort Of) I Was Always The One Who Had To Change The Plugs And Wires - My Husband Was Not A Motor Guy. He Would Be Proud Of Me If I Can Get The Cart Going With Your Help. He Passed Away In Dec. And The Cart Was One Of His Favorite Things. That Is Why I Have To Get It Running Better. Thanks Again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car