lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
badassgem
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Whats the difference??

Whats difference in all these motor choices, honestly....What are some of the suttle differences that make one better than the other?

Im new to golf carts, but have always been under the impression that honda is the best for reliability, parts, etc...What about Briggs and Stratons, chinese clones, etc...

Is the 24hp Honda the way to go, or what??
badassgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2008, 07:27 AM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Whats the difference??

Briggs & Stratton has more upgrades available. Quality is the same IMO.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:47 AM   #3
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Whats the difference??

I had a Honda 24hp in an Ezgo and it had more torque than I would ever use in a cart. It was a very good and reliable engine. Never had a problem with it. The only thing I didn't like about it was it didn't seem to rev. as high as I would like which I remedied by installing high speed gears: to take up the slack so to speak. It would top out at about 45mph with the high speed gears. I read a lot where the Briggs with the rev. kit seems to be the most popular. If I was big blocking a cart, I would probably go with the Briggs that has the high rev. kit from CPP this time. Either engine would be a good choice in my opinion. Both are very reliable if taken care of. Personally, I like high rpm's and speed. Torque will not be an issue in a cart with a 23 or 24hp engine.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!