lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2021, 03:16 PM   #1
CYaunk
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Unhappy 95 Club Car DS Potentiometer Help

I tested the old potentiometer with ohm meter and it appeared the last two steps weren't working as meter only went to about 1740 ohms (even when pulling wiper with hand to last step). Ordered new potentiometer, installed, hooked everything up. Now, when testing with ohm meter, I don't get ANY reading other than 1 no matter how far I push the pedal. Cart is jacked up and wheels do turn but it appears as soon as it hits step one that the speed goes up pretty fast and never changes as I go through the potentiometer steps when looking at it visually as pressing pedal. Any clue what could be causing this? Entire reason I replaced potentiometer was because of the cart going so slow and figured this was the reason. I haven't road tested it again just yet as wanting to get a full charge on the batteries first but concerned now nothing on the ohm meter test and appears to be a single speed now.

Update: Just road tested it and it indeed does only go one speed. Good news is I know its capable of going faster now but that is the only speed it goes in forward and reverse. Whats odd is if I press the accelerator all the way down the motor stops too. Pedal now seems to be sticking and you have to manually pull it up or press brakes hard. Wondering if I got a bad potentiometer?? Scary to ride like this.
CYaunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car