lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
NOS67SS
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Exclamation G2 help needed!!

story short as possible. I have a G2 that I use to push my drag car with a push bar set up. It has always ran but sometimes no power. we put a new carb and spacer on it, air filter etc. and by passed the governer. still no better.
sent it to a private "yamaha" garage an hr from the house. 312.00 later (new fuel filter in bottom of tank,tune up, all new fuel lines,vac lines adj valves,oil change. was told it runs fine now.. NOT!! it will not even think about pushing my car.. (of which a few yrs ago it had no problems). I am fighting with the guy now for at least a partial refund.also have the torque spirng installed as well. Any would be greatly appreciated! I had it all painted up to match my car and now have to much into it to give up! could it be electrical? Ignitor issues?
NOS67SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 help needed!!

Have you removed the clutches and inspected them?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
NOS67SS
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

havent got that far into it yet. i did take the clutch cover off last night. appears to have some aftermartket assembly on it. cant remember the name on the sticker. ill take pics tonight and post on here. what am I looking for when I am inspecting them?
Old 07-26-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

General wear and tear, sticky movable sheaves, broken springs, spring tangs slipped out of holes and worn slider shoes that ride on the helix (ramps).
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Take the airbox hose off at the carb, fold it out of the way and try it, can't tell you how manytimes a not correctly sealed airbox can cause a lack of power. It's worth a try and no cost to test.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
NOS67SS
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

thanks smallblock. its actually a brand new airbox. the other one was all beat up.

the clutch is a Comet Duster. anyone heard of these? looks like new. are they any good?

after further inspection the ignitor pins are green and one actually came out with the plug. no part numbers on it but it has a Mitsubishi sign and it says Ignitor. is this factory? Guess I am in the market for a new one. Id also like to replace the plug if possible. any ideas?
Not sure if this has anything to do with my issue, but it cant hurt right?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS67SS View Post
thanks smallblock. its actually a brand new airbox. the other one was all beat up.

the clutch is a Comet Duster. anyone heard of these? looks like new. are they any good?

after further inspection the ignitor pins are green and one actually came out with the plug. no part numbers on it but it has a Mitsubishi sign and it says Ignitor. is this factory? Guess I am in the market for a new one. Id also like to replace the plug if possible. any ideas?
Not sure if this has anything to do with my issue, but it cant hurt right?
Very likley it is your problem. Is the green corrosion on the wire harness or ignitor side of the plug in connection? I recommend/use NGK-BPRES in all 4 cycle engines.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #8
NOS67SS
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

it is on the ignitor pins more then on the plug.
any idea where I can get a good used one and a plug with alittle wiring and the pins?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha