lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #1
daveloveless
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default missing at low speed

i have a 1981 yamaha 2stroke that runs like a scalded dog wide open or half throttle but when you try to cruise low speed seems like the ignition is cutting out.when i jacked back end up i put a spark tester on the wire and you could see the spark going off and on every time it missed.is this an electrical issue or is something out of adjustment?i dont know alot about it just got it from a customer of mine and trying to bring it back to life.if anyone can help it is appreciated.also is there a specific gap for the reed valves

Last edited by daveloveless; 06-09-2015 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: forgot to add something
daveloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2015, 04:46 PM   #2
pri_i_oh
Getting Wild
Columbia

Default Re: missing at low speed

Sounds like a jetting issue. Main jet might need cleaned.
pri_i_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:34 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Crank seals need replaced. Do it sooner not later!. A two stroke will run bada$$ while its spitting out its own spark plugs because its too lean (burning ceramic insulators) . Stop driving it, do a compression test. see how much damage is already done.sorry, they all need crank seals if they are not a "fresh rebuild" or been sitting for awhile. The crank seals dont wait forever while you dont use 'em.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:02 AM   #4
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Cgtech do you ever get any sleep? Lol your a night owl like myself.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:29 PM   #5
daveloveless
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

i cleaned the carb good and had no change.could the reeds be a problem?i also did a compression test and it was at 118 to 120 psi.the guy i got it from said it hadnt been sitting long and it ran great when he parked it
Old 06-14-2015, 01:30 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Just start replacing all the parts... Do the crank seals last, that way it will run good And be all brand new. Seriously tho, start reading all the threads on G1 crank seals, pay attention to all the similarities to your problems. Just because you would like the easy-to-get-to parts to be the problem, doesnt make it so.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:25 AM   #7
daveloveless
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

thanks for all your help in helping me figure this thing out.it is greatly appreciated.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha