lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2019, 09:37 AM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Brake light

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT69 View Post
FYI...I figured out the problem with my cart. The black relay where the the 4 spade connectors hook to was for a 30 volt system. Probably for a an electric cart I'm guessing! I installed a 12 volt relay " which looks identical " and presto i have power to my brake switch and now brake lights. My kit was a RecPro deluxe gas LED light kit, so be aware that they maybe shipping out the wrong relay in these kits. My RecPro box says its for gas cart also. This might be why so many people are having this problem!!
That'll do it!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2019, 08:12 AM   #12
jdpber
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Brake light

I am having similar issues. At first i had the 12v (gas) relay installed. Now i have the 48v relay installed. The LED light lit was installed when i purchased the cart. i have added the brake light switch under the floor. With the multi meter the brake switch cycles power, the parking brake timer cycles power and is activated (click) when brake peddle pressed. The resettable breaker loops power. At the dash the 2 blue wires have 48v. the orange is powered when the brake is pressed. The 48v relay clicks and cycles when the brake is pressed. I am not sure what the green wire is going to so i cannot test it.

Key on the relay has power. key off no power.
the light kit on off pull switch turn the headlight and tail lights on.

any help would be great.
jdpber is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car