lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2015, 05:09 PM   #1
nickyeper
Not Yet Wild

Default YAMAHA G2 Electrical Problem

OK guys really need some advice on this one. Got a used G2, ran great until one day it just died and that was it. Brought it into the shop and took it apart. Realized the wiring harness had been cut and spliced so many times it was a mess. Cart would turn over when we jumped the solenoid for a little bit, then it would just click, and then nothing at all. Now for some background, when I bought the cart the wife of the guy who had it told me the key switch was bypassed but didnt know why. So next is what I did, I took out the old wiring harness and replaced it with a new one from yamaha. Double checked everything, and still nothing at all when gas is pushed. No back up buzzer either. Im wondering if the reason the guy bypassed the switch is because it went bad and he didnt want to replace it but now with the new harness it is hooked up and im not cutting my new harness to rig it up to bypass the key switch. I also want to make sure I have the solenoid hooked up right but I get 12 v on the post from the battery and nothing on the opposite post when pedal pushed.
I read the stickys in the forum but still cant find exactly what im looking for. Hopefully one of you guys could help me with some trouble shooting and figuring out how to get my cart running again! I will buy new parts if needed but hoping to narrow down exactly what I need. THANKS GUYS!
nickyeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha