lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2015, 01:59 PM   #1
nickyeper
Not Yet Wild

Default G2 only runs wide open! Governor?

Hey guys, so after 6 months I finally got my g2 running again. Now my next issue. When I press the gas just a little bit, it is running what feels like full throttle! So my choices are either dead stop or wide open. Ive read through the service manual and am still a little confused. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this and could help me some.

Thanks!
nickyeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2015, 06:19 PM   #2
nickyeper
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G2 only runs wide open! Governor?

Problem solved on the running wide open, but would still like advice on optimal governor adjusting, thanks!
Old 07-03-2015, 09:12 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

What was problem? Best governor setting (for speed) is 10mm nut on threaded rod cranked all the way in.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:27 AM   #4
nickyeper
Not Yet Wild

The cable that runs from the governor to the carb was zip tied to the gov spring, holding it wide open. I attached it to the proper little clip that has the hole. So if I crank in the 10mm nut all the way is that going to run my engine harder? Dont want to blow it up.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Been doing it for years, on many carts. Safe. W/ stock wheels, should get you about 18-19mph.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:12 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It will still govern at top speed a little, but not much difference from no governor. It will keep it from over rev. It can make your throttle cable not last quite as long, because of the extra pressure on it at high speeds from the governor (if you run it fast a lot). But they last for many years anyway.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha