lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2015, 06:35 AM   #11
Crash369
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I plan to lift it and put 22" tires on it. Its gonna be for around the motocross track and camp site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Crash369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: can anyone identify what kind of clutch this is

My 94c does not have those holes that I recall. There is another clutch like that but diameter is smaller than the 94, its the 44 or something its on their site. That is what they call the ribbed cover, on a 94 they take special pucks don't get the smooth cover ones. I cut my spring shorter to lower the rpm at low speed, it was partially effective. Its not the engagement mine will engage at 1800 no problem but then it runs up to over 3K before it will shift, no matter how little throttle you give it. Once I hit 10mph it shifts and works like you expect. This is fine on trails but in the yard its not so nice lol. However mine was new and as it gets miles on it the shifting is improving, I think I need to put my umax spring back in now as its backshifting more than it used to.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 10:17 AM   #13
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

This is NOT a Duster brand clutch. It's a knockoff. I had one on mine for a year or so and never could get it to work right. I tried tuning it, have all kinds of puck and springs. It did make a difference, but it was nowhere near as smooth as a stock Yamaha clutch.

Got it at CPP

https://www.cartpartsplus.com/perfor...hi-perf-clutch
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I think you are right Slo! My comet has the holes but comet has a black cover. It looks a little different not much. Unless you put comet stickers on mine lol! Anyway I ended up using a black spring and cut it much shorter, its working better.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #15
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
I think you are right Slo! My comet has the holes but comet has a black cover. It looks a little different not much. Unless you put comet stickers on mine lol! Anyway I ended up using a black spring and cut it much shorter, its working better.
No that one I sold you was a real Comet Duster. It was a stock replacement for an early EZGO cart with the 2 stroke engine, hence the tapered fit. It was brand new, never used. It wouldn't fit on my G1 engine, the taper was too deep.

I think the reason I had so much trouble with that clutch is because it was a knock off and I was using genuine Duster springs and pucks. I had to sand the pucks to fit properly, and I never did get the correct spring. I probably had to do what you did....cut the spring. Oh well. It's long gone now.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:05 PM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

LOL I know, it has the numbers right on it.

It still is not ideal for all uses. It shifts more now so going to put the umax back in and see maybe its broken in now? I'd recommend it if you want to mess with it and your primary use is trails/offroad riding. If you drive around the yard or trailer park its not going to be ideal though it will work.

I had to go with the stronger black spring because the pink one would shift too fast and rpm would drop at say 20+mph, drop too low for the clone. The black spring makes rpm stay the same. However it still would rev at low speed so I cut it down to lower engagement and it helped some. It still goes around 3K but that is better than 3600....at 1/4 throttle before the cart would go. That is fine on trails or towing, but not nice on a 10mph road lol.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha