lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2015, 10:59 AM   #1
Gbgonzal138
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas spitting from valve cover

Hey guys,

My golf cart was sitting for a while, and I'm trying to sell it. 1993 Yamaha g8. It was having trouble getting gas and staying started so I replaced the fuel pump, carb, and gas lines. Now I'm getting a big stream of gas spraying out of the valve cover breather whenever I'm trying to run it. What might be causing this?

Thanks!
Gbgonzal138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas spitting from valve cover

The needle valve in the carb is not stopping the fuel flow into the carb correctly. The fuel continues to flow, and ends up in the engine crankcase. The oil level will also be found to be way over-full, and diluted with fuel. You need to drain the oil, before the fuel attacks the seals & gaskets. Replace the needle in the carb. I know you said the carb is new, but the symptoms are a clear case of fuel not being contained correctly. You should also check the pulse line of the fuel pump, it could also be the cause, but not a common problem. The fact that the problem started after carb replacement leads me to the carb first (and that carb needle problems Are common).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:31 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Watch out for hydrolock. It will kill an engine if you try to start it and the cylinder is full of fuel. If you are lucky it will just stop spinning. Did that on a Kawasaki mower engine once. Pull the carb and check the needle.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:15 PM   #4
crash test dummy

cgtech

Old 12-15-2015, 11:01 AM   #5
Gbgonzal138
Not Yet Wild

It actually started doing it after I replaced the fuel pump, so I replaced the carb once I saw that happen. When I replaced the fuel pump I changed all the gas lines as well because I wasn't getting any flow and thought it might be clogged. Do you think I'm just getting too much flow now? I doubt I installed the fuel pump wrong because it fires up right away, but quickly followed by a fountain of gas after I let off the pedal.
Gbgonzal138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:51 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Your carb float is stuck open. Take the carb off and inspect the float and needle.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha