lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2016, 11:28 AM   #31
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: So I put the motor back in....

Ok I got it back from the shop. It runs great. I do need to take the secondary clutch off again and clean it because it's stuck open again after being left out with rain and what not and need a shorter starter belt. Turns out it was the starter/generator. The mechanic there was an older guy that seemed to love these old carts. He was telling me how tough these little G1s are and that someone brought one in that was caught in a flood and was under 10 ft of water. He had to change the spark plug and put in new gas and it fired right up. It was cool to see someone that had an appreciation for these carts. No one else wanted to touch it. He pretty much put it all back together correctly for me even down to the reverse noise that wasn't there before and even washed it and cleaned up the seats. I should have gotten his info incase I needed anything done on the side.
blizzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #32
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Just ran it all over the neighborhood. GPS clocked it at around 18mph top and around 16mph consistently. A it normal for it to actually slow itself once it gets going too fast? Once it hits that 17mph it just will not do any more even going downhill. Going uphill makes it really seems to move. Is that just the governor doing that?
Old 03-25-2016, 09:30 PM   #33
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Just the governor, all is normal. If you are using a stock belt, and think a shorter belt will solve clutch problems, you will be disappointed with the results. The G1 belt is already a tight setup anyway, a shorter belt will be really hard to install, and will hurt performance.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:49 PM   #34
blizzrd
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Just the governor, all is normal. If you are using a stock belt, and think a shorter belt will solve clutch problems, you will be disappointed with the results. The G1 belt is already a tight setup anyway, a shorter belt will be really hard to install, and will hurt performance.
The belt is for the starter generator. The pulley on the new one is smaller I guess so it's a little loose. He said that I need a smaller one or it will burn up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha