lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2016, 09:35 PM   #1
bdrybob
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Unhappy 2016 Yamaha sway problem

Just bought a 2016 Yamaha which has an aftermarket rear seat, and I was told that the 2016 comes standard with heavy duty rear springs.

The cart seems to tip or lean when turning corners and feels like it is swaying more than you would expect from a new cart. I checked the tire pressure and it was at 16psi (recommended in the owners manual). I raised tire pressure to 30psi to see what would happen. It takes some of the sway feeling out.

I took my first ride today with 2 adults in the front seat and two in the back seat. The sway problem got much worse to the point where it felt unsafe to drive. The cart began to sway back and forth and I almost lost it. It almost feels like the tires are rolling under much like an ATV with balloon tires.

Does anyone have a suggestion for solving this problem?

Newbie Member
BdryBob
bdrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2016, 01:31 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2016 Yamaha sway problem

Stock size tires with 8" rims should be set to 22 psi max (read the tire sidewall, and dont exceed it). You did not say what size your tires & wheels are now, just because they are on there, doesnt mean they are "stock". Heavy duty springs from the factory huh? I think thats what they thought you would like to hear. You need to get some heavy duty springs, as the stock ones suck with 4 people (as you noted).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:55 PM   #3
olson boy
Not Yet Wild

2016 should have came with the Loadstar 205/65-10. Usually we run them at 22 pounds up front and 25 in the back. Any pictures of the cart and seat?
olson boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:47 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Don't they need to be ordered as "PTV" from the factory to get the 10" wheels and larger tires?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:34 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Don't they need to be ordered as "PTV" from the factory to get the 10" wheels and larger tires?
I think you are right. We hardly ever order anything but PTV stuff. Turn signals & stuff already installed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:58 PM   #6
confused999
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Yes. I got a "fleet" AC G29 recently and have 8" wheels and Yamaha's brochures verify only the PTV version has the 10".
confused999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha