lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2016, 01:46 PM   #1
LSC9901
Not Yet Wild

Default What Is This ?

image.jpg

Ordered and received a tune up kit for my G1. It included a spark plug, gas filter, air filter and this item. Can someone tell me what it is and where it goes ? I looked and looked but just can't seem to find it.

Thanks
LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2016, 02:31 PM   #2
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What Is This ?

I don't know anything about Yamaha's but it looks like a filter of some sort. Is there a filter inside the tank where the pick-up is? Maybe the kit fits a couple of different years that had different fuel filters.
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:53 PM   #3
bsikes09
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

It is definitely a fuel filter, like whit said. I think your kit may be a somewhat universal kit to fit multiple models. See the link below.

Amazon.com : New Pack of 2 Replacement Visu InLine Carburetor Fuel Filter for Yamaha Warrior Bruin Big Bear 350 400 : Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com : New Pack of 2 Replacement Visu InLine Carburetor Fuel Filter for Yamaha Warrior Bruin Big Bear 350 400 : Sports & Outdoors
bsikes09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:39 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

It's the oil tank filter.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:15 AM   #5
LSC9901
Not Yet Wild

I followed both lines exiting the oil tank and could not find this filter. Either I don't have it or it is extremely well hidden ???
Old 04-30-2016, 06:19 AM   #6
LSC9901
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsikes09 View Post
It is definitely a fuel filter, like whit said. I think your kit may be a somewhat universal kit to fit multiple models. See the link below.

Amazon.com : New Pack of 2 Replacement Visu InLine Carburetor Fuel Filter for Yamaha Warrior Bruin Big Bear 350 400 : Sports & Outdoors
I will re-examine the fuel line. Just exiting the fuel tank, under a metal shield, there is a much larger fuel filter that I did replace. Is it likely that there are 2 inline fuel filters ??
Old 05-02-2016, 06:55 AM   #7
bsikes09
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
I will re-examine the fuel line. Just exiting the fuel tank, under a metal shield, there is a much larger fuel filter that I did replace. Is it likely that there are 2 inline fuel filters ??
It is possible it doesn't got on your model, the kit you bought could just cover multiple models. I would expect MAYBE a pickup filter in the tank and 1 in line filter.
bsikes09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #8
DakotaEight
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Maybe its a one way valve. Blow through both ends to see if it is. If you have a fuel overflow then hook it to that.
DakotaEight is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha