lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2019, 04:58 PM   #11
Morsoseth
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Quick question about my 1998 DS Gas

Can't seem to find the right year for the spring on Amazon. Facing a no spark issue now but I have a new igniter coil, solenoid, and some of those micro switches on the way. If that doesn't work get me some spark, I'll be chasing down all the grounds I guess. If I can get it up and running again, maybe my dwindling confidence will return.
Morsoseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2019, 08:28 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsoseth View Post
Can't seem to find the right year for the spring on Amazon. Facing a no spark issue now but I have a new igniter coil, solenoid, and some of those micro switches on the way. If that doesn't work get me some spark, I'll be chasing down all the grounds I guess. If I can get it up and running again, maybe my dwindling confidence will return.
I hope you have OEM parts on the way and not the cheap Amazon aftermarket parts. You have to pull the engine to replace the coil, donuts with the extra money for an OEM coil to only do it once. And I almost burned a cart to the ground with an aftermarket solenoid....

Before you do anything, disconnect the ground wire on th rev limiter. It's on the front side of the engine, little box near the bottom. One wire has a ring terminal through one of theb10mm bolts. Disconnect that wire fist, isolate it and check for spark. If it works you have a bad rev limiter, pretty common. Replacing the coil isnt fun...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:50 PM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I helped a friend of mine replace a coil on a 1999 DS last year. We had to put it on his lift to get to it. Remove the exhaust out of way . Unbolt fan cover. It was a tight fit but we did it without removing the engine. I do suggest using a lift, otherwise I might remove the engine but that's just me. Do like CP241 said. Those cheap ones will not last, at least that has been the case for me.
My friend was on his 3rd one when I told him I would get him the OEM Kawasaki . He said to buy it. It has ran perfect since. Before it would only run a few weeks and same thing again. No fire.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:12 AM   #14
Morsoseth
Not Yet Wild

I ordered an original but is it true they can be moved to a more convenient location? I thought I read here where someone moved theirs near the gear knob to get it away from the heat.
Morsoseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:26 AM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

No. It has to see the flywheel turning to pick up the signal and send a spark. Maybe in an old cart with a separate ignitor and coil, but it's all one unitized ignitor/pickup/coil on the FE motors. The only external component is the rev limiter.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car