lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2019, 05:43 AM   #1
Kjones4442
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Gas club car DS stalling

I hope you guys can help. I have a 2003 club car DS I have an intermittent problem The car will run great then when it started again it constantly stalls. I rebuilt the original carburetor then replaced the carburetor replaced the fuel pump and filters. Replaced the coil still have the same problem. I think I’m loosing vacuum but every time I test it vacuum fine. The car runs seems to only do this for about five minutes then I will start running again
Kjones4442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2019, 08:12 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Gas club car DS stalling

First, we need to know what you're missing. Your motor needs fuel, spark, and squish. You said when it runs, it runs great so we can ignore the compression for now.

Carry an extra spark plug with you. When it stalls, plug your spare spark plug into the wire and hold it against the steel bracket for the exhaust. Step on the gas and make sure the spark plug is sparking.

I would also hold a mason jar underneath the carb, and crack the nut loose on the bottom and see how much or if any gas drains out.

Before you do anything, make sure to put the cart into maintenance mode. on the back of the F/R shifter there's a yellow knob. Put the shifter into Neutral and spin that knob 180 degrees so that it raises the limit switch on the end. This will allow it to run in Neutral without worry of the cart taking off on you while you're checking for spark.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:51 PM   #3
Kjones4442
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Gas club car DS stalling

Found the problem. The kill switch intermediately was only going to 50 to 100 Ohms when it should of been open. After removing the switch and activating it several times it actually read low resistance. The cart runs great after I replaced it.
Kjones4442 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stalling
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car