lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2019, 07:59 PM   #1
aghead
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default clarify procedure for speeding up CC DS gas

Quote from CC gas sticky for improving speed:

the driver side floorpan, you will see a rod linking the gas pedal to the black box pivot. Remove this rod and lengthen it to the longest it will go without being wobbly. Make sure the spring actuated hold downs are back in the same position they came off in. Before you replace this, loosen the nyloc nut on the accelerator pedal return spring until there are only about 1/4" of visible threads left on the end of the rod. Replace the accelerator rod.

My 2003 does not have the nyloc nut on gas pedal. Also, if I lengthen the rod, even a tad, the micro switch won't engage with the throttle cable cam in the black box.

I could bend the little contact arms on the micro sw but I'll pass.

So do I skip these steps and go to the 'zip tie'?
aghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2019, 10:07 AM   #2
firemanrick
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: clarify procedure for speeding up CC DS gas

I am following this, but would like to know more about the tip tie procedure as well. Really have no idea where or how to do that. Sorry if this is hijaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
firemanrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 02:48 PM   #3
Sc00ter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just used the zip tie method set to 3600 RPM. I am hitting about 17 - 18 MPH according to my GPS. I have 205/50R10 tires.
Sc00ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 02:51 PM   #4
Sc00ter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanrick View Post
I am following this, but would like to know more about the tip tie procedure as well. Really have no idea where or how to do that. Sorry if this is hijaking.

Check the sticky. It is on the throttle cable over the axle.
Sc00ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 05:10 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Best way to improve speed is to download the repair manual, wet the microswitches and cables to factory spec. Then, get the 8:1 gears and not touch the governor. You'll lose some torque but clutch upgrade will fix most of that. But you'll be cruising mid/high 20's and the engine will happily be idling along. Engine will last a lot longer that way as opposed to revving it out.

Or lift and bigger tires, that's what I did. Mine cruises happily at 20-22mph, everything set to stock and no governor zip ties. Engine is happy and you cant even barely hear it running as you're cruising down the road full speed.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:05 PM   #6
aaron580
Not Yet Wild

im curious on this as well, have been looking at the vanguard kit for quite a while for my DS, but Ihave no desire to lift. If there is a quick way to hit 20 with mostly stock parts, Im all for it.
aaron580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:42 PM   #7
aghead
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanrick View Post

go to the sticky: home/gas club car/STICKY, speeding up your gas CC

two springs on gov, top of axle. Easiest to do work laying under and reaching up. Zip tie like pic in STICKY shows. Small zip is left pretty loose, when springs stretch, zip gets tight limiting spring stretch. I'm no expert at all.
aghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car