lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2019, 05:37 PM   #1
Firefarm
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Carryall 2 loose drive belt

Next problem with the new to me Club Car. When I purchased the cart, the driven clutch was broken. Replaced it with a be Club Car clutch and new belt. The belt seems pretty loose compared to other carts that I’ve had. Is there a way to slide the engine forward to tighten the belt?
Firefarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2019, 05:45 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Carryall 2 loose drive belt

The belt is supposed to be fairly loose. Once the engine starts to fire, the drive clutch should start to close and pull it in. As long as it sits on the outside of the driven clutch when it's off, and rises to the top of the drive clutch and into the center of the driven clutch when it revs, you're all set
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 05:53 PM   #3
Firefarm
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It does sit at the to of the driven clutch. Just GPS’d it, 12 mph. Seems anemic compared to my old Big Block cart.
Firefarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 06:23 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Download the repair manual for a DS, go through the microswitch adjustments and cable adjustments, make sure everything is in spec. That's about the right speed for a stock cart. I dont personally care for the noise and extra wear and tear caused by cranking the governor and all that. I just added a lift and big tires, left everything else set per stock spec. Has plenty of torque to turn bigger tires with no downsides I've been able to notice, gained about 7-8mph on the top end. Can still pull around a 1000lb trailer no problems at all.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:41 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

If this is for your 1993 CA2...
The engine mounting plate has oblong holes to move the engine forward and backward, (with 2 spacers on each of the 2 back bolts)

BUT... before making any adjustments, measure the distance between the Drive and Driven clutch bolts,
factory specs are 9-5/8" center to center for proper operation and belt wear.

AND... the CA2 probably has a different gear ratio than standard carts, so 12mph isn't that all that unreasonable for stock settings.

Note: Every stock cart will feel "anemic" to a big block cart!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car