lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2019, 01:20 PM   #1
firemanrick
Not Yet Wild

Default Roadside emergency kits

So just curious if anyone has a kit of tools/supplies that they carry in their carts for roadside issues? My cart is a 1992, and We drive it daily. Sometimes for well over an hour straight without really stopping. Figured it’s just a matter of time before I flush out some issues... and thought this would be a great place to get ideas for spares/tools to carry along for the ride to ensure me and my flock make it back home without walking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
firemanrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2019, 01:39 PM   #2
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Roadside emergency kits

maybe a spare spark plug/ wrench? fuses? pliers to get fuel lines on and off (i dont have any clamps)

where are you going that you're driving it an hour away? seems like it might be faster to take a car?
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:08 PM   #3
firemanrick
Not Yet Wild

Haha. It would be faster. We just cruise around town and enjoy the drive.

Clamps and pliers sound like a good idea. A plug wrench though.. if I have spark plug issues out on the road, I would think that I have much bigger issues that I wouldn’t be able to solve roadside anyway..

Old 07-29-2019, 06:33 PM   #4
raggdoll
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I installed up some quick attach hooks to the front and back for easy tow point attachment. It's also great for proper securing points when trailering the cart.

I carry a few sling straps, a ratchet strap, flashlight and headlamp, small can WD40, a multitool, roll of tape and decent knife. I also have some lighters and a 12v cable to charge my phone.

Lastly, I never let the tank get below 1/2, that way I figure no matter what happens I'll have enough gas to get home.
raggdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:09 PM   #5
firemanrick
Not Yet Wild

Great ideas. What do you store them in? I wish there was a trunk option for the DS bag well. Unfortunately the only one I’ve found is like a tote and won’t work with my back seat.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:20 PM   #6
raggdoll
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanrick View Post
Great ideas. What do you store them in? I wish there was a trunk option for the DS bag well. Unfortunately the only one I’ve found is like a tote and won’t work with my back seat.

Just in the front dash cubby holes. I also have a cooler/backpack strapped between the seat backs, but that space is spoken for LOL
Old 07-29-2019, 07:43 PM   #7
firemanrick
Not Yet Wild

Got ya. I’m hoping to put a dash in with speakers so I won’t have those spaces much longer.

Old 07-29-2019, 11:01 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I keep all sorts of stuff in the glove boxes. Gloves, tools for goat trimming, wasp spray and whatever has frequently been used. I usually have a tow strap and a machete in the bed to pull my kids out of wherever they happen get their ezgo stuck lol

But I rarely leave my property except to go get the mail. Occasionally we will cruise some of the dirt roads or drive down to the river, but 95% is on my property so I'm never very far from my tools
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 12:00 AM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Microswitches and solenoid. Gas and electric. Hard to find and cost a fortune away from home stash.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 07:20 AM   #10
raggdoll
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I keep all sorts of stuff in the glove boxes. Gloves, tools for goat trimming, wasp spray and whatever has frequently been used. I usually have a tow strap and a machete in the bed to pull my kids out of wherever they happen get their ezgo stuck lol

But I rarely leave my property except to go get the mail. Occasionally we will cruise some of the dirt roads or drive down to the river, but 95% is on my property so I'm never very far from my tools
Whats up with that? LOL
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car