lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2019, 06:52 PM   #11
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Z lift bushings?

WOW those are long shackles! Way more than my Z lifted carts have been.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2019, 04:59 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Better question yet... does anyone know if Steeking, all sports or whoever sells just the rear axle spring perch and parts separately as service parts? If I could put the front back to stock I'd put a steeking 6" kit on and call it done, but that's not really a possibility since the frame was cut. Its definitely lifted more than 4" so guessing I'd need the rear part of a lift kit for a 6" kit
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:59 PM   #13
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

I'm thinking Dave Hicks can get you the AllSports rear perch and double U-bolts from a SS kit. I'd contact him.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:39 PM   #14
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Can you post some pics of the front z-blocks? I haven’t seen a 6” z-lift, but if its home-made, personally I might be a bit concerned about the integrity of the welds and how it’s all bolted together. Did they bother to use grade 8 hardware or is it some hodge-podge of random crap they had around? Or worse, some of the 4.8 metric stuff they supply with the Chinese cheapo kits...

Can’t really tell from the pics of those extensions on the front of the rear springs are home-made or not. The extra long shackles on the back almost definitly are.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:54 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I looked closer, I think the rear is all home brew. Theres some spatter from the welds that definitely are not commercial/mass produced.

The front actually looks and feels pretty solid. I'll take some pictures tonight.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:28 PM   #16
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

It’s not uncommon for production fabrication parts to have some spatter or odd or misshapen or even just plain horrible welds.
Ive had to re-weld aftermarket car parts on several occasions just to satisfy myself that the welds are strong enough to hold up.

Those may not be the best welds but I see some shaping done to the up-rights that look like they were done on a press, and that’s not something most home-brew DIY Jerry’s will bother to have or use for something that simple. Those are shaped to taper out as they go down, so they fit inside the mount at the top, and widen to fit around the spring eye at the bottom. There was certainly some planning (engineering?) put into that design.
Was it intended to be used as a spring shackle? Probably.
In the way it’s used on this particular cart? Probably not.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:11 PM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Just a follow up, I spoke with David at Revolution. He referred me to call all sports, you can buy just the rear portion in either 4" or 6" flavor if you call their customer service number. It's on order and I'll have this cart driving like a cart instead of a v-hull in no time.

Thanks David!
Old 09-26-2019, 08:32 PM   #18
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Just a follow up, I spoke with David at Revolution. He referred me to call all sports, you can buy just the rear portion in either 4" or 6" flavor if you call their customer service number. It's on order and I'll have this cart driving like a cart instead of a v-hull in no time.

Thanks David!

Nice [emoji1303]
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:07 AM   #19
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post

Thanks David!
Perfect
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car