lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
fvs
Not Yet Wild

Question Intermitent No spark

I have a 98 gas carryall that stops running sporadically when it is both cold or hot. When I try to restart, I have no spark. How do I troubleshoot without taking the shroud off to ohm the coil? Or should I ask, what should I trouble shoot (switches etc.) before going to the trouble of getting to the coil?
fvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #2
ManxKopite
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Intermitent No spark

Mine 2000 CC DS, would fire intermittently it would drive then if I stopped it would take 2/3 presses on the accelerator it would fire up again, I replaced the 4 micro switches and now running a dream, worth a punt

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
ManxKopite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 05:54 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Intermitent No spark

Usually this is the result of a bad RPM limiter. The RPM limiter is mounted above the oil drain plug on the front of the engine. It's a little black box. Reach behind the RPM limiter and you'll find a small metal band, somewhat like a twist-tie, holding the kill wire circuit and bullet connector. Unravel the band and pull the wire out. Unplug the Bullet connector. This will allow the ignition coil to function on it's own without the RPM limiter or the kill-switch in the circuit. Fair warning though, the engine will not shut off on it's own after you unplug this wire so don't be alarmed if it tries to idle when you release the pedal. You can hold the choke button to kill it. Try driving it with this wire unplugged and see if the problem goes away. If the problem no longer exists, the RPM limiter is your issue. If it still exists, it's in the coil.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car