lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
Big_Mac
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 92 Gas Carryall 1 Engine Noise

Hey guys so I just got a carryall 1 gas club car and my first long ride 15-20min ride with the kids with me it started making a loud noise in the engine and then looses some power. Every time you start cold it sounds and runs perfectly but as soon as it warms up it makes the noise. You can stop and et it cool down and it goes away but as soon as it warms up it makes the noise. Please help kinda lost. Changed oil and did some sea foam in the oil but no luck.
Big_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2019, 11:56 AM   #2
Big_Mac
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 92 Gas Carryall 1 Engine Noise

Pic of what it looks like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190918-110158_Facebook.jpg (431.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-24-2019, 12:00 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Could you take a 30-45 second video of the noise and post it on youtube? You can post the youtube link here so we can hear it. Could be anything, but impossible to tell without being able to hear it.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:08 PM   #4
Big_Mac
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So to give you guys an idea what's going on with it. 3/4 throttle for about 10 min and 1 mile it starts this loud noise and then loses some power. Hopefully you guys can help me out I'm lost. I'm uploading a video to youtube so when it's done I'll post it. Also it runs fine when you first get in it for the day
Old 10-02-2019, 09:42 PM   #5
Big_Mac
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok here you go CP241.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAGlbZsjyfk
Old 10-03-2019, 05:59 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

It's kinda hard to tell, but I think I'm hearing 2 separate noises. Man that thing makes a lot of racket for sure!

First, it sounds like it's got quite the exhaust leak. Like the muffler is blown out, sounds like more than just a gasket leak.

Thay noise sounds like its covering up the other noise some, but I also hear what sounds like the counterbalance weight link rods. That's kind of a rotational/bearing type of noise that varies with engine rpm and sounds kinda like a lawnmower engine, for lack of a better description.

The engine in these machines should be very, very quiet. Especially in the carryall with that big thick aluminum bed, it does a great job of keeping the noise down. If everything is right you should barely be able to hear it run at all.

I've got 2 club cars right now, one runs as it should. One that smokes and has counterbalance noise. When I get home this weekend I'll take a quick video of each so you cam see the difference of what it should sound like

That said, I would stop driving it if that is the CB weight noise until you can get it fixed. The weight itself isnt going to affect how it runs, but what happens is the pin will come out of the link arm that's connected to the crankshaft, and then it will have itself a party in there. Usually resulting in a huge mess and a hole in the back of the motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190617_155653.jpg (264.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-03-2019, 07:06 AM   #7
Big_Mac
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The craziest thing is tho it runs absolutely perfect when you first get in it but after about 10 min it starts this horrific noise. Why would it be taking this long to make the noise? You would think if it's a major problem it would be as soon as you start not 10 min later of driving.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:54 AM   #8
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

Its not that uncommon for noises to creep up once an engine is up to temp. Heat causes expansion, as the parts expand clearances exceed the maximum allowable and can create noises that would not be evident when cold when the parts were still within spec. Its pretty common for valve train noise to be masked by a cold engine for example.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:39 PM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

My DS with the counterbalance weight noise... it's always there but it's much worse after the engine starts to warm up. The crankshaft is hardened steel, large, thick, and heavy. The links are not, there's actually pretty thin so theyll expand a lot more.

If you could get a better video, running it in neutral, it would be helpful. Just take the video with the bed flipped I and the seat bottom removed. And check the exhaust and muffler closely. It sounds to me like it has a big hole blown out of the muffler somewhere.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:31 PM   #10
Big_Mac
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That's hole blown muffler noise your hearing is coming from the engine not the muffler. That's the noise it makes after about 10 min of riding. The last part of the video I did is it sitting in neutral. Right now I have a bigger issue hole in my tank that the sob tried to fix and didn't tell me. Where can I get a replacment. Also need a 90 degree intake manifold bc my cart is lifted. Where can I get one of these?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car