lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2020, 09:38 AM   #1
HolyHandGrenade
Not Yet Wild

Default HHG’s Carryall Turf 2 Build

So, I wrote all of this in my intro post, but let’s be honest, no one reads those

We just bought a small farm (11 acres) in PA. We made a separate deal to buy all of the equipment and the contents of the large garage / pole barn.

Two of the things in the garage are an EZGO Sport II, and an older Club Car Carryall 2.

My plan is to sell the newer EZGO and make a project out of the Carryall.

The reason being, that the Club Car has a bigger, metal, electric dump bed. It will simply be more practical for zipping around the property, picking up and dumping light loads, running garbage cans down to the end of the road, etc.

Another reason I want to do the Carry All over the EZGO, is that we bought the estate of a family friend who passed recently. He was severely injured, and subsequently disabled, due to a motorcycle accident many years ago. The first time I met the man he was in that cart. Many of our conversations began by him driving up in that cart. I want to get it going again.

The Club Car needs a motor, so I’ll be looking into doing a swap. I hate the start stop gas pedal deal, so I’ll be looking into making it idle. And it’ll need a bit more ground clearance, so I’ll me researching what lift I want to do.

We aren’t living down there yet. I need to get the serial. Numbers and what not next time we go down so I can figure out what years they are, and attempt to figure out a value for the EZGO.

Anyway, here they are.
HolyHandGrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2020, 09:38 AM   #2
HolyHandGrenade
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: HHG’s Carryall 2 Build

The EZGO I know is 2010 or newer, as the manual states that it was re-printed for 2010
Old 01-01-2020, 09:42 AM   #3
HolyHandGrenade
Not Yet Wild

Excuse the sideways pics. I’m not sure why that’s happening. They are all vertical on my phone.
Old 01-01-2020, 09:58 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Looks great!

I wouldnt be so quick to pull the trigger on saying the motor is bad in the carryall. They're pretty well bulletproof, easy to rebuild and last forever even when not maintained particularly well... I personally really like the Kawasaki FE motors. Very quiet, plenty strong, and robust.

If you do replace it, I would go straight for a vanguard swap from cart parts plus. I was fortunate enough for another member here to give me a ride in his... man that thing was STRONG. And for running around a farm with hills and such, youd do well with the 23hp motor. He had a pretty extensive build thread here (bluedubpirate) and really did a nice job on that cart. Lot of good information in there for you to digest
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:44 AM   #5
HolyHandGrenade
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Looks great!

I wouldnt be so quick to pull the trigger on saying the motor is bad in the carryall. They're pretty well bulletproof, easy to rebuild and last forever even when not maintained particularly well... I personally really like the Kawasaki FE motors. Very quiet, plenty strong, and robust.

If you do replace it, I would go straight for a vanguard swap from cart parts plus. I was fortunate enough for another member here to give me a ride in his... man that thing was STRONG. And for running around a farm with hills and such, youd do well with the 23hp motor. He had a pretty extensive build thread here (bluedubpirate) and really did a nice job on that cart. Lot of good information in there for you to digest
Awesome. I will look that up for sure. I’m 100% green to golf carts, so I have a lot of research to do. I picked up a welder a couple of years ago and love to build things. So I may stay away from kits. But I’m also going to be very busy with the new property and all of the equipment, so a kit might be right up my alley on this one.

I haven’t tried to start the Carryall yet. I was just told that it needed a motor. But you’re right, the land is hilly, so I would be looking at more power regardless.

I’m going to TRY to not go TOO crazy on this build. But this is what happens when I join forums, and since I learned to weld, it’s only gotten worse
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E5BA5EBB-2D82-4FF1-8E62-B8AAB683D201.jpeg (177.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-01-2020, 11:01 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: HHG’s Carryall Turf 2 Build

I'm a Toyota guy myself, nice rig

I will say the stock 350 has plenty of power. On my carryall it would pull up some *very* steep hills, on 25" tires with no problems at all. It would actually accelerate up the steepest hills I can find around here. So I'm sure if that engine is salvageable it would provide plenty of power for you. And I will say, the pedal start is actually very nice for farm use. Hop in, hit the pedal and go. Stop to unload the trash cans, feed, whatever and its not sitting there idling the whole time. I've had both and I very much prefer pedal start. I had my carryall and a gator side by side, and sold the gator to keep my carryall mostly because of the pedal start.

Theres plenty of helpful folks and info here to get you going either direction you choose. Welcome to the family
Old 01-01-2020, 11:03 AM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Also I found that the SGC 6" lift kit seems to be by far the best bang for the buck. Lots of clearance, good ride, great build quality and cheap. $200 for a 6" kit cant be beat! You can kick a 5 gallon bucket under it from one side to the other
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190821_183436.jpg (480.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-01-2020, 11:27 AM   #8
HolyHandGrenade
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I'm a Toyota guy myself, nice rig

I will say the stock 350 has plenty of power. On my carryall it would pull up some *very* steep hills, on 25" tires with no problems at all. It would actually accelerate up the steepest hills I can find around here. So I'm sure if that engine is salvageable it would provide plenty of power for you. And I will say, the pedal start is actually very nice for farm use. Hop in, hit the pedal and go. Stop to unload the trash cans, feed, whatever and its not sitting there idling the whole time. I've had both and I very much prefer pedal start. I had my carryall and a gator side by side, and sold the gator to keep my carryall mostly because of the pedal start.

Theres plenty of helpful folks and info here to get you going either direction you choose. Welcome to the family
Thanks man. I went way down the rabbit hole on the Tacoma. I think I have it sold though. With the new property, I’m not going to have time for it for the foreseeable future.

And that’s all great info. I appreciate it. I’m out in the garage undercoating (Fluid Film) a 97 Dodge Dakota that came with the farm as well. It’s a 97’ with just shy of 37k on the clock. It has to be one of the cleanest Dakotas in the rust belt lol. I figure I might as well keep it that way. But I’ll check into all of those suggestions later this evening.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg AC7BC732-521C-44EA-BDCB-897C38D29F58.jpeg (96.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-01-2020, 01:33 PM   #9
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

I can't add a lot about gassers as I'm a sparky man. But I can say to really listen to CP241. I've read a lot of his posts and he seems to have a wealth of knowledge.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 01:42 PM   #10
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

You don't say what year the Club car is BUT if it is one of the later years with the clockwise engine rotation you need to do some SERIOUS reading what the items are needed for a worthwhile engine swap to a CCW unit.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car