lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2020, 01:57 PM   #11
HolyHandGrenade
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: HHG’s Carryall Turf 2 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
I can't add a lot about gassers as I'm a sparky man. But I can say to really listen to CP241. I've read a lot of his posts and he seems to have a wealth of knowledge.
Oh absolutely. That’s why I joined. To learn from those who’ve done it prior.
HolyHandGrenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2020, 01:59 PM   #12
HolyHandGrenade
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
You don't say what year the Club car is BUT if it is one of the later years with the clockwise engine rotation you need to do some SERIOUS reading what the items are needed for a worthwhile engine swap to a CCW unit.
Thank you. I did read about that before. I’m not sure what year the CC is. I need to get the numbers from it next time we go down there. So I didn’t bother to start getting too deep into the research before I know what I need to look for. We may be going down this weekend.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:16 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Even if it is a 97+ (clockwise motor) the shifter just works backwards. Lots have people have run it that way for years. Reverse is geared a little lower than forward so you'll have a little more torque but lose a little top end. A "problem" easily solved (with a significant gain) with a set if high speed gears if you want to go fast. Theyll do 35+ mph easily that way
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:28 PM   #14
HolyHandGrenade
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Even if it is a 97+ (clockwise motor) the shifter just works backwards. Lots have people have run it that way for years. Reverse is geared a little lower than forward so you'll have a little more torque but lose a little top end. A "problem" easily solved (with a significant gain) with a set if high speed gears if you want to go fast. Theyll do 35+ mph easily that way
I was actually thinking that the lower gearing would be a benefit with the lift and tires. Coming from the off-road world, the first thing you do after bigger tires is re-gear. I doubt I’ll ever see Anywhere near 35 MPH on the farm, or the sporting clays course.

On the other hand, if I want to pull a little trailer full of mulch or something, I’d appreciate the free extra torque I’m sure.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:33 PM   #15
HolyHandGrenade
Not Yet Wild

I looked up that Vanguard swap. That looks pretty awesome. Spendy though. I guess the selling price of the EZGO will determine the initial budget for this build.

The nice thing is that the Turf already has everything that I want other than the lift, tires, and engine. That, and possibly a little paint, and replacement parts for anything that’s just worn out, will most likely be it for the now.
Old 01-01-2020, 04:40 PM   #16
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Trust me, with the stock motor and 25" tires I pulled an 6' hay bale around no problem on a 5x8 trailer. I'd estimate that around 1500ish lbs.

If you do a VC or vanguard swap, torque wont even be a second thought
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 05:31 PM   #17
HolyHandGrenade
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Trust me, with the stock motor and 25" tires I pulled an 6' hay bale around no problem on a 5x8 trailer. I'd estimate that around 1500ish lbs.

If you do a VC or vanguard swap, torque wont even be a second thought
That’s great. That’s most likely what I’ll do then.
Old 01-01-2020, 08:19 PM   #18
HolyHandGrenade
Not Yet Wild

I just found this brochure and what appears to be a dealer quote for the Turf 2. This man kept everything. There are documents and service records for every piece of equipment, except the golf carts, and I’m sure I just haven’t found those yet.

I don’t know, it doesn’t look like it’s a sales receipt to me. I’m not sure if it’s enough to narrow down what year the Carryall really is, but I thought it was interested none the less. I’ll get the numbers next time I’m down in PA to determine the year.
Old 01-01-2020, 08:20 PM   #19
HolyHandGrenade
Not Yet Wild

Is it a regular thing for pics to upload funny on this forum? Or am I just “lucky”?
Old 01-01-2020, 09:54 PM   #20
buggyAl
Getting Wild

Welcome HHG.

I am on my 4th Carryall. I really like healing them, as they all have been acquisitions with various problems. This forum and the members have been really essential in my success with these projects. Tons of information here!!!

I am learning things here that have taught me what to look for when purchasing these units, very helpful.

They have all had the FE350 motor and they are pretty straight forward in their mechanics. I am past the point of frustration and into the enjoyment of working on the motors.

I decided to stick with the stock motor as there is so many resources about them. I chose a different path many years ago when I started to restore Toro Golf Course Tractors. Being from Iowa antique tractors is kinda in my blood. These Toro's are so rare that no one knows anything about them and very difficult to find parts for. Not sad that I have stuck with stock on the Carryall or the Toro tractor. The Carryall sure reminds me of the 1946 Toro General in the photos below. These Toro's were made semi-famous by Arnold Palmer and his Pennzoil commercials in the late 70's & early 80's.

We all look forward to the chronicle of your choice.

Good luck with your research and decisions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T II.jpg (192.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg T I.jpg (406.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg AP I.jpg (47.4 KB, 0 views)
buggyAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car