lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2020, 05:36 AM   #1
matt0107
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Post 1985 club car KF 82 mods? salsbury clutch mods too?

Hello, I bought an 1985 gas club car. It smoked but the price was right. Now i have the motor out and torn down. The valves look rough and it need rings. So i think i'm going to bore it out with new valves piston and springs, if i can find some heavy duty ones. I seen some scratching on the piston skirt but the bore looked good. But dont want to chance it. Unless anyone has had success with a hone and some rings?
I was wondering if anyone has polished the intake port or did some grinding of lead into the cylinder from the valve chambers? Kind of like shaving the eyebrows of an old flat head briggs motor. I don't want anything crazy but if I get it up to 9.5hp i would be happy lol. Also it has the old salsbury clutch pre 1988. Has anyone modded the weights or put in a heaver spring to get a little more performance out of it?
Also sorry for the novel... lol
matt0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2020, 05:09 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 1985 club car KF 82 mods? salsbury clutch mods too?

I'm not aware of any mods for those old Salsbury clutches. You'd be better off to upgrade both the drive and driven clutches in my opinion.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-bad-ugly.html
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:39 AM   #3
matt0107
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the thread. Interesting; At this point it would be cheaper to do a clone swap. For price of rebuild and clutches. But already I have a street bike powered cart. So I'm trying to keep this one close to stock. So the wife can use it. I'll probably just build the motor, clean up the ports and see how it goes. Until it gets boring. Then I can see what i want to do to it.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:28 AM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt0107 View Post
But already I have a street bike powered cart.
Is that the cart in your profile pic? Looks like an old (originally electric) Club Car Caroche from the '70s!
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 12:58 AM   #5
matt0107
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Yes it is. But i used no original drive train lol. I stuffed a 600c yamaha street bike engine in it. I wanted to do an old Caroche mainly because i never seen one before I bought it. I have thread back when i built it, If you want to have a look. I think it links some youtube videos as well

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/bike-...r-project.html

Tags
kf82 1985 port salsbury
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car