lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2020, 08:28 AM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 1985 Gas Club Car DS engine assistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrysuperhawk View Post
Stopping issue:
The way the throttle is adjusted, any touch of the pedal gets at least the starter going. To stop I physically have to stick my toe under the gas pedal and lift up. Just letting off the gas and applying the brake is insufficient.
You need to remove that long rod the runs under the floorboard from the pedal to the control box and shorten it (it's adjustable at each end). Someone probably has it adjusted out too far. It should come off with no tools, each end is just a spring-loaded ball and socket connection. If it's rusty you may have to grip it with pliers to get the ends to release.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2020, 08:31 AM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrysuperhawk View Post
For a stock KF82 motor in your 1985 Club Car, yes. But as I mentioned earlier, the stock motor will not have an oil filter.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:15 AM   #13
Barrysuperhawk
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
For a stock KF82 motor in your 1985 Club Car, yes. But as I mentioned earlier, the stock motor will not have an oil filter.
I wish I would have noticed that you said that before I let the autoparts store sell me a filter when I was buying spark plugs...

The good news is I finally got my cart into my garage so I can work on it.
I have youtube videos bookmarked, oil, Feeler gauges, new spark plug(s), extra pedal rods, a whole new carb if I need it.

Now, hopefully I don't break anything while trying to fix it....
Barrysuperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:31 PM   #14
Barrysuperhawk
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Okay so small update, got the oil changed, but I still have an oil light. I also swapped the plug, the old one came out black and fuzzy with carbon. Before I render judgment on that, I want to have a go at adjusting that pedal / throttle linkage.

I do think I need a new oil drain plug though, it looks like a gorilla took it out and installed it the last three or four times. Does anybody know if a fumoto valve is made for this, or at least the threads back so I can look it up myself??
Old 03-04-2020, 03:00 PM   #15
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

The oil light is simply an oil level indicator. These motors don't have pumps or oil pressure. If you have enough oil in it and the light is still on then the problem is the light circuit, perhaps it's unplugged?

Not sure what thread size the drain plug is.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:08 PM   #16
Barrysuperhawk
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok, further updates!!

First thing I figured out is that the oil light is also wired into the service switch that allows you to run the motor in neutral. Once I turned the service switch off and drove it around my yard everything was good, no oil light.

And then I started looking at the gas pedal...

I also went almost an inch shorter on the replacement rod, which seems to have cured most of my throttle issues. It still doesn't start immediately, but it is 1000% better. I think that once it is warmer, it will be better.

The last thing is my air filter. It looks suspiciously like the filter for my vacuum cleaner, enough so that I wonder if I could get a picture of a real one. The previous owner was enough of redneck engineer that I would not put it past him to have done that...
Old 03-09-2020, 02:27 PM   #17
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Wow. Redneck "engineering".
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car