lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2020, 09:37 AM   #1
Schooner
Getting Wild

Default power to relay

coming back to club ca this week after 2 years with gas Yamaha.

before i had my 12v relay powering a fuse block, with the trip wire for relay coming off key switch.looking for better way this time. cart is 2016 precedent fuel injected. would it be better to get a key switch with additional terminal or try to go off of solenoid?
Schooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2020, 10:55 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: power to relay

Key powers the solenoid, so whichever if easier for you is fine. Your main relay power should come from the battery or hot side of the solenoid off the large post. Make sure your grounds have a good connection back to the battery negative. The precedents have a habit of getting corrosion around the frame area under the solenoid and battery where the ground cable attaches. If you have multiple accessories it may be a good idea to use a junction block for grounds.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 01:50 PM   #3
Schooner
Getting Wild

i have a fuse block with negative buss.

idea is to have fuse block in dash area. +/- to from battery to relay, then 12+ power to fuse block. what to use for trigger wire to relay is my issue now.
Schooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 02:12 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Where do you think you want your relay to be mounted? Either way you have power close by.
If you mount the relay in the dash just pull the trigger wire power from the switch. There should be several wires there. Usually 4 terminals, but I'm not sure exactly what the EFI carts have on the key switch.
The M+ and M- terminals are ground connections. Those will have black or white
Then you should have a red wire which is 12+ supply from the fuse block in the cart.
Then there should be a Blue wire that is 12v out from the key switch.

If you mount it near the battery/solenoid, use the Blue wire small terminal on the solenoid. That is switch power when the key is On.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car