lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Biggest tires w/o lift

Im pretty sure I will go with an 08 RXV or an 05 TXT.. Does anyone know how big of tires can I safely install without lifting ? Wheel spacers ok, at stock height. I am pretty sure the 22" I have on the old TXT will not fit either cart.
Thanks..
Edit: This is one of the 2005s we are considering..

My wife insists on the convertable seat kit. There blows my rear spoiler idea :(

Last edited by Billfo; 09-16-2010 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: added pictures
Billfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: Biggest tires w/o lift

With a little rear bumper trimming and horn button relocating I have put a 23" tire under a factory RXV with 12' wheels. They look cool too.

The RXV has a built in lift. you can lower the frt struts in the lower hole and install longer shackles on the rear. I use the lift shackles out of teh 2" mid lift from EZGO.

On a TXT 20" is far as you can go. any bigger it gets into the brk pedal assy.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks.. I knew that the 22" would be pushing it-even thought I think it would look cool.. Perhaps I can find a knobby tire somewhere in between the stock tires & the big 22" I already have. Id rather not trim (at this point). Is there a chart someplace that shows what tires will fit on what cart ? You say 20".. Is that without trimming or raising ? Will I need spacers ? Would 18" be safer for my application ? (no lift- no triming)... maybe I just need real knobby tires in the oem size( heaven forbid )
note: cart is primarily used for a 30 degree hill gravel path with wet leaves usually covering it ( and an occasional snake)... My 36V with the 22" BARELY makes it up the hill with a (+or -)36.3V charge.. I want the gas cart to climb the hill with 4 people onboard-so I dont want to increase the circumference too much. I will mess with the govener. I have a 45 degree angle in my backyard now I can test things on BEFORE I take trailer the cart to the lake. (btw- is it safe to trailer a cart with its top on- down the interstate for 6 hours) ?
ok, Ill leave you alone now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
With a little rear bumper trimming and horn button relocating I have put a 23" tire under a factory RXV with 12' wheels. They look cool too.

The RXV has a built in lift. you can lower the frt struts in the lower hole and install longer shackles on the rear. I use the lift shackles out of teh 2" mid lift from EZGO.

On a TXT 20" is far as you can go. any bigger it gets into the brk pedal assy.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

I took mine to maryland and back about 7 hours each way with the top on. Should be fine.
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacing75 View Post
I took mine to maryland and back about 7 hours each way with the top on. Should be fine.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

the only trimming on the RXV is just a rear bumper support in the fender well. It will not be seen from the outside. Look under the rear of the RXV and you will see what I am talking about. Anything bigger w/o lift on a RXV will need the rear bumper brace cut/trimmed.

20" tire is a stock cart w/o trimming (txt) and no spacers. NOTE: some 20" tires are bigger than they say. The trailwolf 20" tire works perfect. I ordered a set of 20x10x10 carlisle x trail for a cust to put on his stock cart and they would not fit. They were too tall. The frt fit if you wanted to go straight all the time and the rear was in the fenders.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #7
chevyIIsmitz
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

you can tow with the top on. Don't tow with a winshield in. Seen my Dad get in a hurry & not take his out... Busted into 'bout 10 pieces.

I towed a Yamaha g1 1600 miles with a top on it, no problems.
chevyIIsmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #8
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yamahas can be like that, a 20" lawn tire will fit might need to space it out a little to fit a 10 wide and 8s are no problem. But, you go to a 20 ATV tire no way will it fit. I have seen some knobby tires they use on those off road gokart buggies, the rears are 18s on some of them, those should work.

I put the turf mate tires on one guys cart, 20x8 on front and x10s on the back. 10s would fit the front with a few washers behind the lugs. They had a lot of grip on the lawn, but not so good if you hit some mud. Lawn tread is not deep enough.

There is this Field Trax in 18x8.5 it might work and still be smooth running, unless you want more aggressive tires than that.
http://www.carlisletire.com/products...rax/index.html
Another one but you might exceed the load on it http://www.carlisletire.com/products...bby/index.html
Another http://www.carlisletire.com/products...mer/index.html

Duro HF240A comes in an 18, a plain knobby.
Duro Easy trail comes 18", a X knobby
Duro Blackhawk also, sort of a semi mudlite but not as deep.

Search amazon for <atv tires 18">
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:17 PM   #9
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So 18" diameter will work unless it has a very agressive thread.... Since 100% of our use is non paved, hilly with wet leaves, I should go with a knobby tire in a smaller diameter.. 16" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Yamahas can be like that, a 20" lawn tire will fit might need to space it out a little to fit a 10 wide and 8s are no problem. But, you go to a 20 ATV tire no way will it fit. I have seen some knobby tires they use on those off road gokart buggies, the rears are 18s on some of them, those should work.

I put the turf mate tires on one guys cart, 20x8 on front and x10s on the back. 10s would fit the front with a few washers behind the lugs. They had a lot of grip on the lawn, but not so good if you hit some mud. Lawn tread is not deep enough.

There is this Field Trax in 18x8.5 it might work and still be smooth running, unless you want more aggressive tires than that.
http://www.carlisletire.com/products...rax/index.html
Another one but you might exceed the load on it http://www.carlisletire.com/products...bby/index.html
Another http://www.carlisletire.com/products...mer/index.html

Duro HF240A comes in an 18, a plain knobby.
Duro Easy trail comes 18", a X knobby
Duro Blackhawk also, sort of a semi mudlite but not as deep.

Search amazon for <atv tires 18">
Old 09-18-2010, 06:39 AM   #10
Pocono Country Boy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfo View Post
So 18" diameter will work unless it has a very agressive thread.... Since 100% of our use is non paved, hilly with wet leaves, I should go with a knobby tire in a smaller diameter.. 16" ?
What size are the stock tires on that thing? I was thinking they were already 18's on it...
Pocono Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO