lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #11
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: spacers or stud spacers?

I prefer the spacers over the stud extenders. I've never heard of anyone breaking a stud extender but if your going to be doing much off roading, I would go with something as sturdy as I could get.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #12
notagolfer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perk View Post
It never ends. I put the fender flares on now it appears like i need to add 2" spacers to the rear wheels. I have a 98 gasser with a 6" lift does that sound right to make the wheels match front to back? I did some measuring and it looks like the front wheels stick out 2" further than the rear wheels. so the question is should i get spacers or stud spacers? I would think that solid spacers are better than just stud spacers but hey what do I know . What experience has everyone on here had. If i ever get it finished i will post some pics. Thanks Perk
Perk, I was thinking of doing the same thing. The studs that I have found only add 1-3/8" offset

Have you found studs that will give the needed 2" offset ?

Also the 2" spacers are quite expensive - $120 vs $40 for the studs. Have you found anything cheaper than this ?
notagolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #13
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My experience only] is stud spacers 2.5" with 10" steel rims, 23" swamp fox tires and a 10" lift for two years NO PROBLEMS... Go on ebay for golf cart wheel spacer and you'll find everything from 2" to 5" good luck..
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #14
Perk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey notagolfer loook on ebay 2 inch spacers were 60.00 with free shipping and 2 inch studs were 19.99 plus 9.99 shipping they are listed as 4 inch studs the total amtof added spacing to the front or back. i think i am going to go with the solid spacers just seems like it would hold up better. oh those prices are for 2 wheels. Perk
Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:06 AM   #15
Junk Rider
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

don't get me wrong the spacers r better but I don't think there necessary for a cart if it was for a car or truck then yes. But not something as lite as a golf cart.

Last edited by rib33024; 08-10-2018 at 09:04 AM..
Junk Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #16
macrain13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Bookmarked.
macrain13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:03 AM   #17
Madman415
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have stud spacers on mine for 3 years now, I can tow well over a thousand pounds and have never broken one.

I like the spacers though, just went with the stud spacers at the time cause that's what I could afford with all the other stuff I bought on that invoice. I actually forgot I had them on there until I read this thread
Madman415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #18
macrain13
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yea. It's kinda how I'm looking right now. I'm gonna put 22" tires on my factory 8" wheels until I can get to the point to buy larger aftermarket wheels. So I've considered spacer studs for the time being so that the 11" wide tires don't rub. I'd actually rather have a narrower tire, but I can't find anything more narrow than 11" wide while staying in 22" tall on 8" wheels.

I have standard steel wheels with 20x7x8 with no rubbing. Not sure of the offset. Any idea of how big of a spacer to fit 22x11x8?
macrain13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:44 AM   #19
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

2.5" u should be fine..
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO