lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #11
bignate524
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1985 marathon--no spark

any feedback? anyone see anything when they watched the video???
bignate524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #12
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

I just saw some poofs.If you've got nothing on a compression tester then you're not going to get away without stripping this engine down.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #13
bignate524
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm goona try to get the compression reading again, maybe i'll have better luck this time and with a different tester....I also plan on doing the crank seal test again to see if that changes anything too....I'll letcha know what i get on thursday!
bignate524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #14
KOOLMAN
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignate524 View Post
I'm goona try to get the compression reading again, maybe i'll have better luck this time and with a different tester....I also plan on doing the crank seal test again to see if that changes anything too....I'll letcha know what i get on thursday!
boy this sounds like the same exact issue i am having trying to get a buddy's cart running. we have looked at and cleaned everything from the gas tank thru the lines, filters, pumps and into the cylinder. we have rebuilt the upper end. we pulled the flywheel, and to our amateur eyes the ignition device in there (dont know the proper name) looks ok. we have we have what looks like a pretty weak spark, but it is sparking. but the motor is all lugged out and coughing and barely running just like your video (thanks for posting that!).

did you ever get yours running? and what did you do to fix it? thanks in advance...
KOOLMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO