lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #11
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: New guy, first cart...........

Any time a battery cable on a gas cart gets hot I automaticly go to the starter, sounds to me its drawing to much electricity to rotate the engine, you can try new brushes first, make sure all wires on your starter are clean and tight. Take them off one at a time and wire brush them real good and put back on. If none of that helps then I would get your starter tested. there are lots of places that rebuild starters like these, good luck
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #12
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

RSP that's what I thought also. I've pulled each lead to it, cleaned with the wire brush, a lite coat of CorrosionX and no change. What I did notice today was this. It will at times click the solinoid and the starter tries to roll it over. This is when the wire gets hot. Today there were quite a few times it clicked, the solinoid I mean, and nothing......... it didn't try to roll over the - battery lead did not get hot....... I said AAHHhhh HHHaaa and ran in andd got my multi-meter. When I got back and set up to check ohms across the solinoid treminals I bumped the peddle and it started right up and would never do it again. I hate when that happens!!!!! Dang intermitant electrical grimlins. I'm ready to replace the sol and see if that don't make this go away.....
rutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #13
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Nope, starter. put new brushes in it, at least take it off, pop the brushes out they have a wear mark on the side of the brush itself its a wear mark if it down to the mark they are wore out, two brushes are for charging and two are for the starter
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #14
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Back it goes to the dealer. He said that they would clean and check the starter before it was delivered. I poped the plug/inspection cover over one of the brushes today and it was full of that graphite powder from brush wear. Never been cleaned or serviced. I'll let him do it this time. This is a new one for me. I'm used to the boat stuff, no generator/starter type motors. I've got a inboard type Merc hydraulic pump setup on my jack plate. Once a year I pull that motor and clean the comutator and blow the dust out. If I don't it won't jack that mota up and down. Thanks for ALL the good info and advise!!!!
rutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO