lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
islandguy
Not Yet Wild

Default 88 marathon carb on 84 marathon

Hey everyone. So Im going to order a new carburator for my 84 marathon and I was wondering if i should get a carb for an 88 marathon. I seen a thread in here about a guy who compared an 88 exhaust and carb on his pre 88 marathon to the stock carb and exhaust and it turned out the 88 carb and exhaust worked better than stock. So I was wondering if anyone has used the 88 carb on there pre 88 marathons?
islandguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 88 marathon carb on 84 marathon

I generally don't respond to threads unless I've been there, done it and got the T shirt which in this case I haven't. What I can tell you though is that EZGO put the BV-24 on the 1988 which they called the High Output. In 1989 they reverted back to the BV-18 so I would guess that the BV-24 did not work out so good.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I'm "That Guy" (with the post RE the carbs) .... The end result of using the BV24 with the stock pre-88 exhaust was marginal (2-3mph), however if you were to replace the carb AND exhaust then the gain is definitely noticeable (5-6mph). The easy parts are the carb at around $70 and the 88 exhaust can (around $150-200) - You WILL however need to obtain a 1988 exhaust pipe (from the cylinder to the muffler) which may not be so easy, I searched for about a year to find a spare online as mine had a flat spot on the bottom from abuse ...

I CAN say there was no discernible difference running or starting with the BV24 and stock pre-88 exhaust FWIW - the 88 carbs are slightly different in that you'll have to relocate your cables a bit (and the stock pre-88 choke cable is too short) though
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
islandguy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replys guys. I think I will just go the easy way and order the stock carb. So your new name brewcity is "that guy". Haha.
islandguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I've been called worse, LOL :)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO