lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #11
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No power, will not climb hills

1988 was the change over year for the engine on your cart so it could be a 2PG or a 3PG. You said in your first post that the belt measures 45 inches and this is the correct OEM belt for the 2PG. If you have a 3PG, however, then that would be way too long and could be your problem. So a simple question for you, do your clutches point across the cart or front to back of the cart?

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #12
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

They face front to back
Dmontgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
moe3637
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

yea buddy looks like ive got the odd ball as usuall !! my clutches run across the cart ( side 2 side )...well the belt runs across the cart front of rearend
moe3637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #14
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah my belt goes side to side the clutches FACE front to back
Old 12-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #15
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you've got the 2pg. It also sounds like you've got the correct stock belt. I'm wondering if your driven clutch spring is getting tired (or losing tension). The correct shorter belt is a DAYCO HP3004, which measures 44 1/8.
frodrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #16
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Do you think a shorter belt would help this problem...keep in mind I plan on putting a lift and 22" tires on I already have the tires and wheels will be ordering lift soon
Old 12-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #17
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

In your initial post, you stated that the belt was new. That said, you should (even with the stock length belt) be experiencing more power than what you are currently seeing. That is, unless, the belt is BRAND new and needs broke in. Break in is somewhere around a couple tanks, maybe 3 depending on how it's driven. The shorter belt, in my opinion, wouldn't hurt anything. I would think that you would see notable improvement over what you have now, assuming that the issue at hand is not clutch related..etc. Did the previous owner give any indication as to exactly how old the belt actually is?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #18
Dmontgomery
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No he didn't say But we have ran prob 6 tanks since we've owned the cart. We have had it almost 3 months. I took the cover off the driven clutch, it has what looks to be like a new spring, compared to looks of the other parts it is powder coated green, does this color have anything to do with the tension? The previous owner told me it was super fast plenty of power and all of a sudden it was just weak he and myself both assumed it was carb but I replaced it with a brand new one with no luck! He purchased at an estate auction kept it a year then I bought it. I have some basic mechanical skills I have rode motorcycles at a etc all my life but this is my first cart. It's turning into a money pit and im running out of patience. Not to mention how frustrating it is but I really appreciate the help!!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #19
moe3637
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

is it pos. 2 shave the heads on these 2 strokes 4 more torque ? if so how much ? ive heard pros and cons .....ive got extra parts from another motor 2 play with....a boy tld me i could shave it flat but it would b ruff on the starter....
moe3637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #20
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It might be possible, but I would mod it in tried and trusted ways before doing that. At the end of the day, it's a small 2 stroke. Sounds like you might want to big block it if you are wanting significant increases.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO