lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default need 2001 up steer collum info

im trying to buy a new or used 2001.5 and up steering collum and shaft assembly but no one has the assembly,just the seperate parts..
im doing a 01 and up jakes long travel on my old cart and got the kit with the steering box,,and i need a 4 bolt newer collum to make it work..
does anyone have a parts break down as to what goes inside the collum with the shaft to keep everything im place?
i dont need the pats below the floor,just a collum,shaft to bolt to my floor so i can hook up the new jakes parts to it.
all i can find is the shaft,the collum,and a rubber bushing for sale.?
there has to be more than 1 rubber bushing between the shaft and collum to keep the shaft tight?
cant find a used assembly in my area as of now,john
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: need 2001 up steer collum info

2 days of digging so i will answer my own question now..so anyone doing a 2001 and up jakes long travel on there older ezgo will needs these pt#,s as well,as you will need a 4 bolt steering collum and they dont sell it in a kit form..
here goes..
from shopezgo.com

pt# 70758-g06 steer collum assy 87.54 (30 bucks cheaper elsewhere)
70607-g01 steer shaft 46.74 (much cheaper elsewhere)
the next 4 pt numbers are for the guts
70751-g01 wave washer 7.44
70888-g01 retaining ring or washer? 2.05
15112-g1 14.89 bearing
70887-g01 3.19 washer or retaining ring?

so in short if i buy the collum and shaft elsewhere for under 100 bucks,then get the other 4 small parts from ezgo, the entire new"not used" 4 bolt steering collum and shaft assy should cost less than any older style if ordered seperatly..lots of phone time to get these pt numbers and thn they had to be changed to newer numbers lol..
either way,these are what is needed for 4 bolt 2001.5 and up complete steering collum and shaft assy with the guts..hope this helps others as i couldnt find shizzzit in fla for a used one
Old 01-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: need 2001 up steer collum info

not gonna do this upgrade now..i will be using my 85 3 bolt collum and modify it for the jakes long travel
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO