lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
pintailwizard
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default '99 TXT upgrade?

Would like to upgrade powertrain on my lifted, (but otherwise stock) buggy. Looking for low end torque and power, not top end speed. We have a lot of hills on our clay courses and occasionally need to pull a trailer and right now starting on the hills is an "iffy" proposition and pulling the trailer is OK, but only if you get a good running start.

Is there a clutch/drive train upgrade you can recommend. I know that nothing beats displacement, but that's just not an option right now.
pintailwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: '99 TXT upgrade?

If you have not done so, make sure the valves are adjusted correctly. Also, check the condition of the belt and are you using an extreme duty belt ? After that, you can add a power spring to the drive clutch and tweek the spring in the rear clutch to get some more umph..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
Talntedmrgreen
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I did all of those things and was very happy with my 295...for a few years anyway =]
Talntedmrgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
pintailwizard
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Adjusting valves?
Old 03-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
Goochy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a after market low end clutch kit , I think $250-$300 ??? My 99 has 22 in tires and it has POWER everywhere !!!!
Goochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
pintailwizard
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bought driven clutch upgrade kit. Couldn't get old clutch apart. Evidently putting pressure on it to remove retaining ring did it in. Ended up ordering high torque driven clutch with high torque belt from BuggiesUnlimited and I couldn't be happier. Got me the low end torque I needed without going into the driven clutch and doing a lot of adjusting. Still may do the drive clutch, but it's much lower priority. Wish I had just ordered the new clutch to begin with and saved the 5 hours fighting the old one.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
dragrcr890
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Anyone have part numbers? I have an 04 TXT with the same issues. Need more low end, and mPH :) I could do a clutch but not sure which one and where to buy. any help?
dragrcr890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO