lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
Malitude
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Radio install on 2004 TXT

I'm trying to wire a stereo on a gas TXT. I want to wire it so that when I turn off the stereo, I don't lose all of the presets and settings. I understand that these carts are positive ground? Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.
Malitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
richard3529
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Radio install on 2004 TXT

I have a '04 TXT with a Robins 295 engine and it is a negative ground system. May want to check on downloading the manual and check it out. I was able to download one by searching this site. It was a great help since I had to completely rewired my cart.
richard3529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #3
dragrcr890
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Radio install on 2004 TXT

These carts are a negative ground system.
If its a fairly new radio: it should have a red wire - 12v switch, yellow wire "memory" 12v direct, black wire "ground".

If you want to keep your presets you have to tie the yellow directly to 12v positive and the red to 12v switched. Since I like to listen to the radio even with the cart off, I simply tie the yellow wire and red together then connect them directly to the battery positive. Then no matter what... you save your presets and memory, but some dont like having to turn it on or off, to me its so simple, why not!!
dragrcr890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO