lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
gallagher19
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cart is not running like a top

Ok here goes. Last year I popped a piston on my previous motor. So my buddy gave me another motor at the end of the year to put in. Well I ran it for about two weeks before putting away for the winter. It ran fine up till then. I put it away for the winter with 3/4 fuel in tank and I added sea foam to it. I also ran the sea foam through the motor per instructions. Now I put my battery back in it today and it started up with a little chokw (like normal) and ran it for about 1/4 mile than it bogged and died. Found out that the choke was stuck on!!! Lubed the choke cable and started it back up. Ran fine for about a mile than it started to slow down and stalled. Started it back up, but wouldn't run too well so I gave up. What do you think the problem could be?? Dirty carb? Bad fuel? or just plain stupidity for leaving it stored outdoors all **** winter? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
gallagher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
LakeNut
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart is not running like a top

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagher19 View Post
Ok here goes. Last year I popped a piston on my previous motor. So my buddy gave me another motor at the end of the year to put in. Well I ran it for about two weeks before putting away for the winter. It ran fine up till then. I put it away for the winter with 3/4 fuel in tank and I added sea foam to it. I also ran the sea foam through the motor per instructions. Now I put my battery back in it today and it started up with a little chokw (like normal) and ran it for about 1/4 mile than it bogged and died. Found out that the choke was stuck on!!! Lubed the choke cable and started it back up. Ran fine for about a mile than it started to slow down and stalled. Started it back up, but wouldn't run too well so I gave up. What do you think the problem could be?? Dirty carb? Bad fuel? or just plain stupidity for leaving it stored outdoors all **** winter? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Personally, if a cart was running like a top, I think I might get dizzy and throw up..

If stored outside, I usually recommend a full tank, so that air is not cycling in and out with temperature changes, and condensing moisture in the tank. Especially with E10 gasoline, really bad things happen when you get moisture in the tank. The water and ethanol mix, then separate out of the gas. And since the ethanol may be the primary octane booster in the gas, you now have a tank of low octane gas that may be excessively prone to detonation.

It does sound a lot like either bad gas, or crud in the carb, or both.
LakeNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
gallagher19
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeNut View Post
Personally, if a cart was running like a top, I think I might get dizzy and throw up..

If stored outside, I usually recommend a full tank, so that air is not cycling in and out with temperature changes, and condensing moisture in the tank. Especially with E10 gasoline, really bad things happen when you get moisture in the tank. The water and ethanol mix, then separate out of the gas. And since the ethanol may be the primary octane booster in the gas, you now have a tank of low octane gas that may be excessively prone to detonation.

It does sound a lot like either bad gas, or crud in the carb, or both.
Looks like I am going to drain the tank and refill with good fresh fuel and clean the carb. Hopefully this is the problem.
gallagher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Betting that takes care of it.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:47 AM   #5
rusty shackel
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

change the plugs too.

rusty s
rusty shackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO