lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
islandguy
Not Yet Wild

Default fresh 2pg rebuild motor knock

So my fresh rebuild 2pg with 3hrs or so on it has a knock . It just seemed to come on in the last bit. Sounds fine when on the pedal but if you let off the fuel a bit it starts to slowly knock. kind of a raddly knock. Im still on the first tank of gas mixed 40:1. It is missing a bit but Im passing that off to the heavy oil mix. I checked the plug and it actualy looks pretty good. Everything is new. Getting kind of worried that I did something wrong when rebuilding. Any ideas???????
islandguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2013, 03:46 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: fresh 2pg rebuild motor knock

Are you sue it's coming from the engine? You may try grabbing the drive clutch and see if there is any movement like worn bushings in the clutch. One of mine has a bad clutch and it sounds the same as yours. Did you replace the crank bearings on your rebuild are just upper end ?

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
islandguy
Not Yet Wild

Shouldn't be the clutch. They are both new. Ya I replaced everything. I want to ride it like I stole it ,but I'm scared I might do some sort of damage. I really don't want to pull it apart to see what it might be and find out its something stupid.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

You may also look at the engine mounts the engine my be moving around. Try removing the belt and see if you hear the same sound. 40:1 is the correct mixture and it will seem a bit lazy on the first tank.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
islandguy
Not Yet Wild

I checked the mounts and the passenger side is not doing its job. The angle iron its mounted in is laying forward and touching the frame. Not really sure why its doing that. almost like the new mounts are weak. that's where my vibration is coming from. I did find a small tiny little leak at the base gasket. Little drop of oil/fuel will form if you drive for a bit. The problems keep coming. The carb if you just idle slow will run fuel out of the vent hose. New carb will need a cleaning already. I might be wrong but is that caused by the float sticking? Being a cart addicted person is some frustrating.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:57 AM   #6
racin161
Gone Wild

The float may be set on the high side. When you clean the carb check the float level upside down it should sit level with the carb body. It also could have a small piece of trash in the seat area not letting the needle close all the way.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO