lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2013, 12:37 AM   #1
Gabester
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 94 ez go 295cc won't start after sitting Help!!!

Hello, first post I am a golfcart newbie..

I have a 94 ez go 295cc medalist fleet. The cart was running fine when I parked it at the end of summer. Due to lack of space it was parked under a deck and was exposed to the weather. I am now trying to pull it out and start it however it is not working. The battery is charged and turning over. I sprayed starter fluid and it was firing but not running. I pulled the carburetor off unscrewed the bolt at the bottom and it was very nasty looking. Kinda like moldy gas. I cleaned it with carb cleaner put it back together and still no luck. But now the starter fluid won't even fire the engine. The fuel pump seems to be pumping gas. I don't know what the problem is. I feel like the carburetor is not taking the gas in, and maybe I fouled the plugs with the starter fluid. Is that possible, they look fine. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Gabester is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2013, 03:26 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 94 ez go 295cc won't start after sitting Help!!!

Loosen the bowl screw again or remove the bowl and see if you have gas in the bowl. I'd bet the needle is stuck in the seat and not letting the engine get fuel. You may want to remove both plugs and crank the engine to clear it and replace the plugs.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:35 AM   #3
Gabester
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will try that. Now if the needle is stuck in the seat how do I open it.
Gabester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

Remove the bowl look at the float pin be careful remove it and drop the float the needle may drop with it clean the needle then spray carb cleaner in the seat and blow with air. Replace the needle and float. Before installing the bowl disconnect the flue line and blow air into the carb inlet you should hear air. Then while blowing air lift the float and you should have no air entering the carb. Then replace the bowl.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
295cc, carburator, spark plug, troubleshoot
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO