lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
MARINE6072
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 workhorse 11hp robin engine oil out of exhaust

Ok heres the situation Im dealing with during last years hunting season my wiring shorted out and caused fire that destroyed all my wiring I was able to use resources from this site along with some imput from others and replaced wiring I did away with alot of the wiring like tail lights and the such but in the end got the cart running again
By the end of the year cart was running like crap backfiring coughing sputtering and was surging sputtering and killing any mosquitos that the cold hadnt got yet lol.
Now todays current status and my question Ive done some maintenance did oil change removed valve cover and gapped according to helpful guides here on site.Removed carb cleaned out and blew all orfices with air cleaned some more and reinstalled carb on cart.Checked compression getting 160 on both cylinders.
Now when I fire it up in neutral it revs up nicely does have slight sputter at wide open throttle but my biggest concern is the white smoke and literaly have oil spitting out exaust (I have muffler off for some modification)
so this is coming out manifold any ideas or advise greatly appreciated.I have attached video link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbeF...e_gdata_player
MARINE6072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2000 workhorse 11hp robin engine oil out of exhaust

I would start by putting the air cleaner back on and make sure the crankcase vent hose is hooked up and not plugged, it's a closed system and should draw a vacuum on the crankcase.

and are you sure you're not over full on the oil? (1.5 quarts)

Also sounds like you are over revving it in the video, is the governor working?
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
MARINE6072
Not Yet Wild

Yes just did oil change 1.5 qts
Will try getting everything back together and as for the governor didn't have any of the linkage hooked up as I've been doing all the cleaning and service so had disconnected
Also was reving up but still blowing the smoke and oil out the exhaust just not as bad
Old 05-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
MARINE6072
Not Yet Wild

Tried hooking up breather and lines but getting same result even shot fire out exhaust this time along with the wet oil qnd white smoke not good
Im at a loss any idea again 160 compression on both cylinders and valves adjusted
If I cant figure this out thinking about putting robins 13.5 engine from a pressure washer that I have lead on and for good price free
Old 05-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
beater cart
Gone Wild

I am going to say it looks like some type of internal damadge how was the valve lash tight or loose?
beater cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #6
MARINE6072
Not Yet Wild

the valves were loose both exhausts and intakes
Old 05-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
beater cart
Gone Wild

Unless it can pull oil thru the intake some way. It will need to be pulled down and inspect the head and cylinders. Try pulling the plugs and looking for the one with the most deposits on it that will tell you wich cylinder has the issue.
Sorry about the spelling.
beater cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO