lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
sharse36
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Looking for use Ezgo any year better then another?

We are up grading to a newer gas golf cart. Have found some ezgo's. 2001 for 2,000 a 2007 for 2,750 and a 2008 for 2,850 they are all stock. These are all txt's gas is one year better then an other? We will be doing upgrades to the cart like back seat, lights, lift, and tires.

Also Found a 2008 yamaha golf cart for 2,850 any thoughts on this cart? It is a stock cart.

Thanks
sharse36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking for use Ezgo any year better then another?

Other than the resale (newer is generally a small percentage better) the TXT's from 2001.5-up are going to be relatively identical (EZGO didn't change much until the RXV's) ...

As to the Yamaha, I really like the pre-"Drive" models (specifically the G16 and G22's) - with a few inexpensive mods my G16 runs a solid 35mph+ with 2 people on the flats, pulls hills like nothing else I've owned, and the independant front suspension makes it behave a bit better on trails, etc - to get a TXT over about 24mph You're looking at some pretty difficult (and somewhat pricey) work - don't get me wrong I love my EZGO's too and around here You can pick up a 2008 RXV gasser for around $2800 all day, the "accessories" for the newer carts (IE Drive, RXV, etc) are a bit more $ as a rule too so there's THAT to consider.

Were it me, (and coincidentally I am cart shopping in a SERIOUS way right now as I just sold my Workhorse) I would lean towards the Yamaha if You are looking for performance, reliability, etc provided it's a G22 and not a Drive, although that price seems high ($2k seems to be top dollar for a G22 around here, a little more if it's already been accessorized). If I don't find another Workhorse pretty quick I've got my eye on a 2005 Yamaha I'm going to snap up, the only thing holding me back is if I pick up a third cart again I'd personally like to have the dump bed (and not a crappy bolt-on type, but something with REAL cargo capacity)

Just another two cents, LOL - good luck on the decision !!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO