lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Older Newbie: Just picked this up

Awesome site, Been lookin thru some diff. builds and how-to's. SC, like what ur doin to ur blue Marathon. This one is an 84' i believe a (Marathon) by textron,S.#310937;m.#EC25-2pg;Mf/cd-A3084;244cc.. It runs out pretty good, but it does need to have more touqe/power. As i'am retired/disab. i have some time (when back/neck will let me) to modify this one into agreat lookin/functional toy. Anyways, Hello and i'm sure i will be askin for ur help. And whenever i can help someone else i don't mind at all. HappyTrails
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 001.jpg (218.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 002.jpg (227.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 003.jpg (220.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 007.jpg (221.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 004.jpg (204.6 KB, 0 views)
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
RussellGehrer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Older Newbie: Just picked this up

Welcome to bgw these guys are great helped me through all the trouble with my 89 gasser learned alot in the process
RussellGehrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Looks like you have a good foundation to begin with. If you've been following Sassycat's thread, be sure to post in it, he's a cool guy and he will point you in the right direction.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey txs, PBJ & RG. Yeah I've been takin notes and tryin to remember who said what. I traded a 300 Lakota for tha Marathon. This is more mine and my wifes speed. LOL. Just want to fix it up alittle. You know, torque/hp. and lift. I figure if she likes to drive this one, then she can have it. Then that leaves me to build one that's, almost redneck proof..
Old 06-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Another Marathon rebuild 84'

Let me get this straight, as far as tha lift-5",tire size-22x11-8 4ply w/stock wheels. Do I need wheel spacers? Shocks:Monroe 31000 for tha rear and need to use old bushings for tha btms.? Tha 31125 for tha front. and what about tha clutch for more torque. buy or modify? also tha 1 1/16th wide belt is really sloppy. Is this tha drive belt? I have seen tha info. on this, but can't seem to find it. Oh yeah, and on the carb. if I don't use the oil inj.system. Can I not get rid of the things not being used. Like the pcs. on the front of the fan?? And also on the carb. need to make sure there is aspring about 3/4" long and 1/4" compressed on the throttle cable. I know there is something else i'm missing. Anyways started tearin it down today. will post pics. ltr. on diff. computer. Txs in advance.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Sweet Jeebus You've been paying attention, I like You already, LOL

5" = 22's no problem, if they are on rims with at least a 1" offset You will be fine, if You are putting new tires on stock rims then count on a minimum 1" spacer (which will become 1.5" as that's the smallest feasible way to go) ...

1 1/16th is actually runnable, but yeah, cr*p. Dave Box can help You figure out the appropriate 1" shorter belt to replace it, that will gain You a measureable amount of takeoff power and torque.

The Injector is still there? Remove it. ALL of it. On top of the intake elbow (between the carb and the block) there's a banjo bolt, when You pull it You'[re going to want to run a 6mmX10 bolt into the hole to seal it up, a bit of loctite or goo of any sort is a good idea to seal it up, too. Mix Your gas prior to fueling up at 128:1 (1oz of 2-stroke oil per gallon of straight gas) and Your troubles are over regarding oiling/lubrication.

The carb spring is very, VERY forgiving, I've used the clicky-spring out of a pen in a pinch.

Just to recap, doing 22's on stock 8" rims can be risky, even with 4-ply's. A LOT of guys will cry "foul" and say that they have done it that way for years., etc etc but personally, from what I've learned and driven cart-wise over, well, Years ... 8's cause a soft ride, poor cornering, sloppy handling, and a general sense of malaise once You've had a chance to ride for any type of time on 10's or 12's. YES, there is a limited sacrifice regarding "cushiness" BUT if You're swapping out to 31000 and 31125's anyhow You won't feel it in your bottom, but if You DON'T get bigger rims You'll feel it in the corners, etc.

THIS, of course is open to dissent, which likely will follow shortly.

You're catching on pretty quick for a "Part-Timer" - I think You'll be fine, LOL

Last edited by BrewCityMusic; 06-05-2013 at 09:17 PM.. Reason: Spelled a few things incorrectly thanks to Sauza Imports.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:34 PM   #7
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The 1" shorter belt is the dayco hp3004.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #8
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, on the belt. Txs , and whers the pace to order it? Ebay,parts house or specialty place. And if i'm understanding BCM correctly i should run 22/11/10s? still need off-set i suppose.1 1/2" right?
Old 06-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #9
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I got mine here. http://www.mfgsupply.com/snowmobile/...ts/hp3004.html
About the wheels, if you buy aftermarket get at least 1" offset or if installing on stock wheels you need a 1" wheel spacer.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:29 AM   #10
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 84' Marathon project

Txs for the info. 1fast67. I can almost squez that driver belt together about 5/8" btween. Can i get that anywhers;partshouse,ebay or small engine shop? I think i'll go ahead w/the 22/11/10s BCM was talkin about w/5"lift. Since i've gotta get diff. rims might as well get 1" offset. Does that seem right?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO