lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2013, 01:31 AM   #11
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Older Newbie: Just picked this up

Never mind last post, didn't think it went thru.lol
PartTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #12
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

a 1" offset is the minimum You need, if You decide to run spacers though it'll almost *have* to be 1.5" as noone out there makes a decent 1" spacer ...

Here's a pic of my Marathon with the 5" lift and 22X11-8's to give You an idea of the end result (although overall I'm sure Your cart will look nicer, LOL - this one's strictly a "Yard Dog")

Mine has stock rims with 1.5" spacers on the front and 2" on the rear to widen the stance a bit, with a Marathon though it's a pretty safe bet to go no higher than 1.5 on the front as 2" will cause rubbing issues on hard right turns.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #13
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes sir,Txs. for the pic. I was tryin to explain to the wife what it would look like. Now she can see. However, i have looked here and ther for a decent 5" lift kit and can't find 1.5 spacers or the two" ones. W/out buying abunch of others that i prob. won't use. Tryed Ebay but i couldn't c any. Maybe it was because it was 2 n tha mornin and had blurred vision from too many adult beverages. On the last pic. The cable for limiting ur speed, can i take the white round thing off of the pully that its attached to-or no? I need to find a manual for this yr also. Txs BCM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 032.jpg (86.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 027.jpg (189.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 029.jpg (200.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 036.jpg (111.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 038.jpg (209.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Here's a decent price on a basic 5" lift kit, easy to install, etc:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZ-GO-GAS-GO...#ht_390wt_1397

And here's a link to the ATV Engineering 2" Spacers (You'll need 2 sets)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-EZ-GO-EZGO...item29fec4ec4e

Again, if You wanted to widen up your stance get the 5" for the rear (2.5 per side) but the best bet for the fronts are the 4", or 2" per side (I actually misquoted on the previous post, after a fast double-check I have 4" total up front and 5 in the rear, it was the 5 inch set up front that gave me some rubbing issues, hope I didn't confuse You)
Old 06-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #15
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Oops - as to the Governor, easiest way to disconnect it is to follow the cable to the carb and remove it there. IF You do this, be careful with your RPM's, especially downhill, as it isn't too hard to over-rev these 2-strokes, which can be a real issue (a tach will run You about $15 on Ebay and will let You know when You're flirting with the redline, which is roughly 4700-4800RPM for safety, 5K as Factory Specified MAX)
Old 06-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #16
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Orderd the 5" lift kit today, Called the company who has the wheel spacers. Ther in Ga. Left mess. also emailed them, the price is lower thru company. Want to go ahead and get the 4"/5" ones. Still lookin for tires. But trying to get best for less, 22/11/8s this buggy won't c alots of hard ridin. But if i get a wild hair then i know it would handle it. I will def. get a tach.. I just thought since i've seen alot of ppl. with this cable unhooked. Then whats the use of havein the cone shaped (thing??) mounted to the pulley just in front of the rearend. This belt just looks way to lose, anyways goin to get the driver belt (hp3004). Man i sure do appreciate all this info./help. Txs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 84'E-Z-GO[GAS] 027.jpg (189.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #17
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The top end on this 244cc was supposed to be redone,and new muffler. Which i believe the guy to have done this. My question is, whats the most that i can do to the cart. To tweek it and get the most outta it with out breakin the bank? Such as movin clutch spring, changin electical componets(ignition),carb.,etc...Txs. again. This is what i traded in, for the 84'. Like i said not my cup of tea. Wasn't runnin when i got it, put about ahundred into it. Total had 450. invested. Ran like atop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 98 lakota 008.jpg (212.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #18
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

That cover needs to stay, it not only actuates the governor but keeps dirt, water, etc out of your clutch which will cause issues quickly.

As to mods, I did the HEI Ignition conversion ($50) the HP3004 Belt ($32) stretched my existing driven clutch spring and shimmed it ($4) and I run 25mph all day long with 2 people, plus I carry a LOT of cargo in the basket (200lbs plus) with 2 people and it pulls hills very nicely plus has quite a bit of "giddy up" on the flats too. The carb You have is the biggest available for the 1988, I tried drilling my main het but to be honest it actually took power away so I went back to the standard. For more torque they do make a replacement driven clutch spring for around $40-45, but shimming and stretching mine did the trick for under $5, made a noticeable difference in climbing and pulling ability

DISCLAIMER: that 25mph is on pavement with extra air in the tires (which is how I tend to run them) - with the standard 8-9psi I only get around 23mph in the grass, on trails, etc. I run higher pressure due to the fact that I threw away the shock extenders that came with my lift kit and replaced the shocks with full-length Monroes (31000 and 31125's) so the harder tires don't sacrifice ride so badly, plus the extra air keeps the cart much more stable in the turns and while towing or carrying heavy loads ... The shock swap really isn't a "performance mod" per sec, however it's absolutely and completely worth the $60 in my opinion, smooths the ride out considerably, less dive in the corners, etc as well as I just never really trusted the extenders by design, especially with the cargo basket generally being full of something or another)
Old 06-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #19
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, you said carb. is the biggest? Now mine is an 84' 244cc Robin mtr.. I orderd the hp3004 drive belt(39.9. 2 sets-4" whl. spacers(78.47). Pickd up tha 31000s(18.99@)pd.for tha 31125s b here 2morrow(23.99@). Around here all we have thats the cheapest is Bumper2Bumper/O'Reillys. Haven't checkd Online yet? Also a local had tires w/knobbies something like urs BCM. $55.@ mounted, b here tues.(i like em) Like i said i don't go off into tha trails much, maybe deer season,/ hog huntin. But the others have 4x4s, so i let them carry all that hod mess Its just something tha wife and i can use to get around in n the evenings. And go to the neighbors mile or so down the rode(bbq/ afew adult bev.) Oh yeah 5" lift kit, All from the contacts that was givin to me on Ebay. They wher the best priced and u guys already have them, so thats a no-brainr. The only thing that i can see doin is HEI(which is $47.) And redoing the front-end(new tie-rods,etc..) Anyways will have better pics. as it goes, Don't do much around here, build a Harley a yr. And go fishing, etc.. "PartTimer" don't u know.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #20
PartTime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Whats the ground pressure n ur tires(15psi?) And is the clutch hard to take apart? Gettin all the parts ready, maybe go ahead n take mtr. out. And do some cleanin n detailing under seat. Goinin to use some adhiesve backd foil(comm. grade) for lineing the under seat area/mtr. areas. its about 3/8" thick. Nothin to fancy, just plain n simple(a country_boys way). Txs again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO