lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
Dmack826
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 txt starter/generator problem

I have a 97 txt that i replaced the battery in this last weekend. It started and ran fine all weekend and on monday. I went to go for a ride and now it wont start. Im thinking that the starter/generator is not charging the battery back up. Can you rebuild the starter/generator? or can anyone point me in the right direction to getting this fixed before the weekend so i can use it at the campground.
Dmack826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 txt starter/generator problem

Have you checked the voltage regulator? Or your wiring if anything is removed, loose or broken?
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

check the single green wire going to the starter/generator. I have seen them break off and if it does the cart wont charge.

ALSO from my exp, if the cart starts the eng, than it will charge. I would say you have a bad voltage regulator if the wires going to the gen are tight and secure.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
Dmack826
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info guys. i picked up a new voltage reg and replaced it this weekend and let my 14 yr old son and his friend drive it all over the campground for the weekend. Had no issues with it and it is charging the battery now. Thanks again for the help.
Dmack826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO