lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #1
bunzy
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 Club Car Precedent Batteries

I picked up a 07 PQ club car precedent for 100 dollars...somebody stripped all of the electronics and I am trying to put it back together. I was wondering if anyone has ever considered putting 8-6 volt batteries in their 48 volt carts. I understand it will take a custom battery tray and a custom electronics install. the only reason I am wondering is because I have a place where I can get seconds 6 volt golf cart batteries for 50 dollars each with 5 dollar core charge. I figure I can put 8-6 volt batteries in for about half of 6-8 volt batteries. any help would be appreciated.. thanks
bunzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2015, 07:55 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 07 Club Car Precedent Batteries

to BGW

Sounds like you got a deal, even if it has no electronics.
Eight 6v batteries would be better than the stock setup, so I say go for it...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #3
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you can make it fit there is no reason why you can't... 48 volts is 48 volts no matter how you slice it up; only cravat might be that the charger if designed for six 8 volt battery might take a bit longer with the eight 6 volt batteries. Going with eight battery over six should also add capacity and allow for extended range too....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:05 PM   #4
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Check out this "sticky"...this will get you started. Hope this helps...!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-part-1-a.html
flkeysdude359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:17 PM   #5
bunzy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info...im assuming that the 5.5 obc made for the 6-8 volt batteries would be a better option than the one for the 4-12s? the one plus is that mostly all the wiring harness is there if not all of it and the motor is still there and I quick hit it with 24v off my jumper pack and it moves..so that is a good sign....I am looking for many parts..it is also missing some body parts ect... thanks again for the info
Old 05-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Did it come with a charger or not? If your going to need a charger look for one like the DPI that does not need the OBC and just get rid of it....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #7
bunzy
Not Yet Wild

I did not get a charger...this is good information because that is the charger I was looking at anyway...thanks a lot...
Old 05-05-2015, 09:26 PM   #8
bunzy
Not Yet Wild

im trying to make this somewhat of a budget build and try to turn a buck on it...so I will probably find a stock 250 amp speed controller for it...who knows by the time I am done I might end up liking this better than my 09 YDRA and sell it! thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car