lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2016, 09:59 PM   #11
Greener77356
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What the heck is it?

As a matter of fact, from your picture, it appears that we bought our carts from the very same guy! What are the odds?
Greener77356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2016, 10:33 AM   #12
Ryan4t4
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Hello Greener,

I noticed that one finally dropped off of Craigslist. Should be well worth the cost if just the controller and throttle pot work!

Be prepared for a lot of metal body work. I wasn't expecting to have to do so much fabrication on the body but the corrosion was throughout the body and supports. Pick yourself up a 4'x8' sheet of diamond plate ($80) from Triple S Steel, right down the street from where you bought the cart and an air riveter ($40) from harbor freight to make life easier.

Good luck on the build and let us know if you have any questions.
Ryan4t4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:48 PM   #13
Greener77356
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan4t4 View Post
Hello Greener,

I noticed that one finally dropped off of Craigslist. Should be well worth the cost if just the controller and throttle pot work!

Be prepared for a lot of metal body work. I wasn't expecting to have to do so much fabrication on the body but the corrosion was throughout the body and supports. Pick yourself up a 4'x8' sheet of diamond plate ($80) from Triple S Steel, right down the street from where you bought the cart and an air riveter ($40) from harbor freight to make life easier.

Good luck on the build and let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you sir! So far, I haven't been able to get any more than the backup beeper to work so I'm skeptical about the speed controller and/or motor. I'm also in need of a 36v charger as I currently have to charge each battery separately. I've been scoping out pricing on this stuff and sadly, I'm leaning toward scrapping this and finding something that doesn't need as much work. I'll start a new thread if I choose the resto option. Great job on yours!
Thanks again.
Greener77356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO