lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2015, 08:24 PM   #21
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 clubcar precedent 48v wiring diagram

Well, when I got home I was able to bypass the MCOR3, and the cart ran fine. we went up a good steep incline with 3 men on the cart and even went up a second time crawling, and everything was fine, I plugged the Mcor back in and it ran for 20 seconds then shut down, I unplugged it and jumped the 2 wires again and it ran fine, I repeated one more time just to make sure, and it would only run for a minute before shutting down with the mcor plugged up, but ran as long as we wanted it to with the 2 pins jumped. I went online and ordered the MCOR4 from TahoeDawgZ71 (Dave). The customer says he might upgrade the controller and solenoid in the near future, I think, in the long run, and for many more years of happy carting that would help.

PS: The customer is reading this post, so anymore thoughts on the pros and cons about upgrading the 250A stock controller and stock solenoid might help him as much as it would me. That is something I might see a lot of, in this business.

Again I really appreciate all the help guys. Crash Test Dummy, Sergio, and My man Tahoe. I will let you know how it goes on this, once the MCOR is installed.
One more question, I can start a new thread if I need to. BUT Sergio said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
It could be the micro switch in the MCOR, You can try jumping the 2-pin connector and driving around to see if the problem goes away.

Also, next time it happens, ask the customer if the reverse buzzer works when the cart is not working, if it does not, the issue is likely the OBC lockout.
What is this OBC LockOut ?? would you just reset the OBC ? and I am guessing that intermittent running/shutting down is a symptom.
usagcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2015, 09:55 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

When you plug the charger into a club car with an OBC, one of the functions of the OBC is to lock-out or disable the cart from running.

The OBC can also power-down the system (prevents it from running) if You leave the cart off the charger for more than 3 days.

One particular characteristic when that happens is that the reverse buzzer will not work, so if you ever have a cart that stops running and you have no reverse buzzer (but have power to the key switch), you may have an issue with the OBC lockout circuit.

There are different ways of by-passing the lockout circuit depending on drive type and model.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:21 PM   #23
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Got it. Have read and seen some of that. Just got to get with the lingo. Thanks for the explanation
Old 10-06-2015, 10:26 PM   #24
crash test dummy

no more backward photos
Old 10-08-2015, 07:57 PM   #25
usagcr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

K
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car