lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2015, 11:09 AM   #1
BOFF
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default DS 48 not going forward/reverse

Been lurking for a while.

Club Car 48 volt won't go forward or reverse. The solenoid does not click to my knowledge. Only thing I hear clicking is the MCOR when pedal is pressed.

I did notice I didn't turn key off when I charged it. Last time I used it, it seemed as if the acceleration was off per pressing the pedal.

Checking things, and both wires going to key switch are carrying 8+ volts even though disconnected from switch.

Solenoid voltage on both post was 8-10 volts with key on, pedal pressed, and in forward. I only tested with meter leads being: one on post of solenoid the another on metal, not on battery.

I thought it was supposed to be 48 volts at large post on solenoid, but maybe this is when the other lead is on the opposite charge of the battery.

Solenoid taken off, and no continuity between small post, large post or crossed.

Each battery is reading between 8.2 to 8.5 volts. All batteries together are 50.2 volts.

Fuse at charging port test fine with continuity, cables/ends are ok. two fuses off batteries are good.

Thanks for the help in advance.

God Bless,
David B.

Last edited by BOFF; 12-02-2015 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: added info
BOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2015, 04:25 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: DS 48 not going forward/reverse

It don't look like the charge port wire is hooked up to main pack Pos. post
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 05:49 PM   #3
BOFF
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
It don't look like the charge port wire is hooked up to main pack Pos. post
You're correct I have both sides disconnected when I was working on it. But that was done intentionally.

God Bless,
David B
Old 12-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #4
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Don't use metal, or frame to check voltage. Use pack neg for correct readings.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:08 PM   #5
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I only tested with meter leads being: one on post of solenoid the another on metal, not on battery.
Smarter people will see this and no doubt be back to you on trouble shooting - but there is no frame ground on golf carts (you are seeing stray/ambient voltage on the frame - maybe because of grime/moisture or acid that has leaked onto the frame). To accurately troubleshoot your problem, ambient/random frame volts are just a distraction you should ignore.

Always use the main negative post for your ground / testing and reporting. You might want to re-do those tests and report the correct numbers (just to eliminate the odd numbers).

OOPS - mrgolf types faster
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:27 PM   #6
BOFF
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
Smarter people will see this and no doubt be back to you on trouble shooting - but there is no frame ground on golf carts (you are seeing stray/ambient voltage on the frame - maybe because of grime/moisture or acid that has leaked onto the frame). To accurately troubleshoot your problem, ambient/random frame volts are just a distraction you should ignore.

Always use the main negative post for your ground / testing and reporting. You might want to re-do those tests and report the correct numbers (just to eliminate the odd numbers).

OOPS - mrgolf types faster
I will. That is one reason I posted how I tested it, as I suspected it was done wrong after further research.

Will be tomorrow before I have results.

God Bless,
David B.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car