lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2016, 09:45 PM   #1
Douglasc76
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default How much lift?

Hello All, I joined the form about a week ago and have found lots of great information, so first things first. Thank you. I picked up a 1996 36v Medalist a couple weeks ago for $200. It runs and drives although new batteries are in the near future. I put new front seats on today ( from Wise Co.) and have purchased a Rhox rear seat-811 I have yet to install. I weighed the rear seat today and at nearly 140lbs... I ordered the HD rear Springs.

I have some mud lite tires off of my quad that I would like to use. 25x10-12.
My plan is to get the Jakes LT kit for the front eventually.

How much lift do I need to run these tires? Should I go with a narrower tire in the front to help clear from lock to lock? Thanks, Doug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160124_175631.jpg (220.4 KB, 0 views)
Douglasc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2016, 07:40 PM   #2
Douglasc76
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How much lift?

According to Jakes site 23x10.5-12 is recommended. Wondering if anyone is running bigger and how is the set up? I didnt have much luck searching the forums. Looking for suggestions... I got the rear seat on yesterday, Its coming along.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160207_164237.jpg (209.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-09-2016, 07:05 AM   #3
texbama
Not Yet Wild

I am running 25x10-12 tires on a '96 TXT and I have a 8" AllSports long travel lift on my cart. You may get by with a 6" lift, but I do not have any clearance issues with the 8" lift.
texbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:32 PM   #4
Douglasc76
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by texbama View Post
I am running 25x10-12 tires on a '96 TXT and I have a 8" AllSports long travel lift on my cart. You may get by with a 6" lift, but I do not have any clearance issues with the 8" lift.
Thanks for the reply. I looked into the 8" Allsport, all that travel doesn't come cheap lol, wow. This is going to be expensive...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO